Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need limewire help...

Default I need limewire help...

I have had a few problems with my LimeWire lately, it doesn't boot up and creates an error log mentioning something about java... any ideas?
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Default Re: I need limewire help...

Bizarre. Have you tried updating your Java platform? If worst comes to worst just re-install it.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Careful guys. P2P.. piracy.. not good.

I think Limewire IS the problem.
    Like tybrenis said: try reinstalling Java, starting by an update. It had one last week if I remember well

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

No one said anything about piracy. yet. let's keep it that way in this thread.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Theoretically P2P platforms are "intended" to exchange files of a non-copyrighted nature, so I guess short trouble shooting questions are not against the rules. As long as we don't see lots of chatter about them and definately no posting about illegal trading, but that goes without saying.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Theoretically P2P platforms are "intended" to exchange files of a non-copyrighted nature, so I guess short trouble shooting questions are not against the rules. As long as we don't see lots of chatter about them and definately no posting about illegal trading, but that goes without saying.
    Yep, it's been discussed multiple times on these boards, bittorrent is _not_ illegal, but how some people use it is. It's one of the main ways to get system updates/software on Linux boxes. Using it for music, movies, etc. is illegal though.

Things I would do:

1. Reinstall Java/Update or reinstall Limewire/Update.
    2. Back up anything you want saved incase things go to ****.
    3. If all else fails, ditch Limewire and get a different program.

Now I know bittorrent is legal (technically), but I'm not sure the mods stances on other bittorrent things, so suffice to say you have many more options besides Limewire.
    RIP Bucko

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Now I know bittorrent is legal (technically), but I'm not sure the mods stances on other bittorrent things, so suffice to say you have many more options besides Limewire.
    As jon said there is nothing wrong with it when it is used properly - that is legally! So lets keep it that way and be careful not to tread on the thin ice!

-gaz

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Limewire blows. I can get things off of Google faster. All you have to know what to do is manipulate some simple short strings of code and huzzah, whatever you want. Or just ask your buddy to e-mail his homework to you instead of getting all fancy about it. =/

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

ok so i have a question, not to cahnge topic or butt into the convo, but what if you miss a show on tv or the show gets canceled. is it illegal to download it with a torrent or something?

and like everyone says limewire sucks. if i need a patch or something i just use utorrent.

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Yep, it's been discussed multiple times on these boards, bittorrent is _not_ illegal, but how some people use it is. It's one of the main ways to get system updates/software on Linux boxes. Using it for music, movies, etc. is illegal though.

Things I would do:

1. Reinstall Java/Update or reinstall Limewire/Update.
    2. Back up anything you want saved incase things go to ****.
    3. If all else fails, ditch Limewire and get a different program.

i forget what game it was but they have the option for downloading via torrents for their demo. but i know what you mean.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v