Thread: Is this dangerous?

Default Is this dangerous?

I was thinking about water cooling my pc, and I was wondering how often you guys have had leaks? and whats a good low budget water cooling system? Also, where do you mount the resevoirs? and the radiator?

Default Re: Is this dangerous?

u don't get leaks if you properly leak test the sustem first. though, beware the danger den/swiftech hdpe reservoir. fill cap seal doesn't work. trust me i have one.
    "Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1

Anodized

Use hose clamps and leak test for a minimum of 24 hours and you will be okay.

Overclocked

Actually, if you instal the system properly, the chances of having a leak are close to none. I have found that the best water cooling system for newcomers is the Coolermaster Aquagate Mini. I have one, and it coudn't be simpler to install! It consists of one module that acts as a pump/reservoir/radiator and a CPU waterblock. However, you cannot buy more waterblocks; it's a CPU only kit. It comes prefiled and basically preassembled, you just have to install it in your case and there you go. It sells for about $100. Here's a link to FrozenCPU: http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-wat-69.html
    This is the 120mm version. The 80mm version is $10 cheaper.
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM