Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Im stuck on these two

Default Re: Im stuck on these two

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101
    is there by chance a surefire setup to go with that will be FAST, low temp, overclockable, stable AND reliable?
    To put it bluntly, no.

First, settle on a board. My recommends out of this thread would be the Striker Extreme or the eVGA 680i SLI (what Redundant linked). Both are very similar, the eVGA just being less exspensive.

Next, you need to decide on your RAM? I like the Flex better than the Reaper. Just my opinion though.

Your going to watercool? Then don't even worry about the mini discussion about heatsinks... You'll be fine with either board then.

As long as your careful, patient, and keep a good temper during the build, it will be as close to painless as it'll get.
    RIP Bucko

if it's not to late id suggest this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131153
    i have it and it has been incredibly reliable and its easy to overclock and also has 3 pci slots (though an 8800 will cover one)

That's classified.

Quote Originally Posted by mercerman318 View Post
    if it's not to late id suggest this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131153
    i have it and it has been incredibly reliable and its easy to overclock and also has 3 pci slots (though an 8800 will cover one)
    That mobo, although good, has a 650i while the other two have a 680i so they're a bit better than yours.

Greco101

I appreciate all the help guys.

I just got another z-frame glass and metal desk so I could connect it to the same one I already had), computer hanger (because the case wont fit ANYWHERE), cythe KAMA METER, and the Thermaltake Armor. I should be getting my cd drives and some other odds and ends today.

I'll put up some pics when the mb gets here.

oh... and honestly, I'm not sure how the first boot-up actually goes... will it start up, then take me through driver installation? then after the stock drivers and the pc is up and running, get the updated?

If you want Zer0 Problems get a ECS Mobo!
    I have never had a problem with any of there mobos.

Like I said before you can play Frisbee with them, use them for squares in a hopscotch
    . .and they still work. No Bull!

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Ehhhh, not really. My eVGA has a similar layout as far as heatsinks go, and anything that is greater than 120mm (my guess) that isn't straight up like that heatsink is, isn't going to fit. My Blue Orb wouldn't even make it within 3/4 in. to the CPU. It's either tall heatsinks, or little heatsinks.
    well if your going to go with air cooling then that thermalright is the best cooler out there. i would get one but i don't think it will fit in my case with the 250mm fan on the side.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101
    oh... and honestly, I'm not sure how the first boot-up actually goes... will it start up, then take me through driver installation? then after the stock drivers and the pc is up and running, get the updated?
    Starts like this.

1. POST. Black screen; white, blue, and yellow writing (sometimes other colors too). Displays system stuff from the BIOS.
    2. Windows will load (keep in mind that you need to enable CD-ROM booting in the BIOS before this). Follow on-screen instructions.
    3. Restart.
    4. Windows loads (after you enable HDD booting in the BIOS). Everything is at a funny resolution. Insert your mobo and graphics card CDs and install drivers. Do all that crap.
    5. Probably restart again.
    6. Done(ish).

That's my watered-down version.
    RIP Bucko

Quote Originally Posted by Eclecticos View Post
    If you want Zer0 Problems get a ECS Mobo!...
    I've only heard the exact opposite from people, but I too have an ECS that hasn't given up ... yet.

-Cool-
    Project Pioneer : AMD AthlonXP 3000+ : 1GB DDR RAM : Windows XP MCE
    ATI Radeon X1650 256MB : 520-Watt Corsair PSU : 20x DVD-RAM DL + LightScribe
    1.0TB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Samsung SATA II
    250GB Seagate SATA I : 80GB Western Digital PATA/IDE

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Starts like this.

1. POST. Black screen; white, blue, and yellow writing (sometimes other colors too). Displays system stuff from the BIOS.
    2. Windows will load (keep in mind that you need to enable CD-ROM booting in the BIOS before this). Follow on-screen instructions.
    3. Restart.
    4. Windows loads (after you enable HDD booting in the BIOS). Everything is at a funny resolution. Insert your mobo and graphics card CDs and install drivers. Do all that crap.
    5. Probably restart again.
    6. Done(ish).

That's my watered-down version.
    really?!??! you can't just plug everything in and (for my case i already have my hdd setup with a working windows) and start using it right away? i mean aside from installing the drivers and what not.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    really?!??! you can't just plug everything in and (for my case i already have my hdd setup with a working windows) and start using it right away? i mean aside from installing the drivers and what not.
    No, there is a lot of dumb little things like that that you need to go through. Didn't you have to do that to get your HDD setup with Windows? Or are you using a computer that was already built, like OEM?
    RIP Bucko