Thread: Thermaltake Armor Extreme Edition

Greco101

Default Thermaltake Armor Extreme Edition

This case... KICKS ASS! It's huge...I started smiling because the ups guy had to put it down twice coming to my door step :p

One thing I'm not too happy with is the purple and green tooless expansion slots... Also, they dont work with the Scythe KAMA METER . I'm gunna have to drill the original blank slot which IMO, I don't feel I should have to do.

There are some sharp edges inside... I didnt realize I had cut myself unless I went to open the blue bag and had blood pooring down 3 separate places, plus a million little paper cuts on the tips of my fingers that didnt bleed.

The instructions are pretty ****ty... they dont tell you what the peices are for (there are 4 small plastic sheets and one larger one with tape on them - I still have no idea wtf theyre for...)

When something IS in the intructions... the reference picture is zoomed in so far, you can't tell what part of the case it is but then again... it's not exactly rocket science to figure out a case. (except those damn plastic sheets...)

Overall - 9 out of 10. Why they chose that ugly purple and green... the world may never know.

Case Wizard

Default Re: Thermaltake Armor Extreme Edition

So when you take off the plastic clips, the current holes don't line up with the Scythe Kama Meter? Can you posts some pictures of these pieces that you don't know where they go so we might be able to figure it out?

Greco101

These are the things I dont know wtf they are...

Ya, it "works" but doesn't work for me... the writing is upside down and only secure on one side.

it came like that????, upside down?!?! wow thats really dumb. those braket holders don't look like they were cut right either... i'm glad i didn't go get one.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Greco101

no no no, that bracket is to this

I also have problems with this.
    The holes dont line up... in order for it to work, I'm gunna have to drill more holes.

It's still a sweet case, it just has its downsides. I'm not a big fan of the toolless bay BS.... its annoying and needs screws for it to be tight anyways.

The purple and green expansion slot things are rather annoying. WHY Tt?! WHY!? I was planning on putting one purple led in there (with some blues), but the color they used is disgusting and looks cheap. I may do away with the clear ones for the drive bays and maybe put an alloy cover there for hiding certain wires.

ahhh,

ohwell i got another case anyway for half the price of that and i like it alot. my only problem it the heatsink i want might not fit in the case.

mine has the toolless stuff to but i like it. accept the colour, its a light green and doesn't fit with my black and blue theme.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

That's classified.

The large clear thing appears to be the same size as the indentation on top-right of picture 2. Can that metal cover be removed and replaced with the plastic piece? Can the plastic pieces replace parts of the case window?

Those RCA-looking jacks on the back: where do those wires go? It might be coaxial connections. The wording may be upside down because/if it was designed for a BTX or backwards ATX case.

Greco101

I'll try putting some pictures up today of something by them for size reference. Th