Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Gaming Speakers?

Resident Alcoholic

Default Re: Good Gaming Speakers?

I can't game with speakers. Headphones give you such a huge advantage in games like CSS. Seriously, with a good pair of headphones (Don't buy anything apart from sennheiser!) you get accused of having wallhacks when in fact you can just pinpoint their position the other side of the wall using headphones.
    H

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Did you say the logitech Z-5500 has optical input? I was on newegg but i couldn't tell. Does anyone hear use optical input? Is it all that its made out to be?

Thanks guys.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Yes, they have 3 options for inputs (4 if you count the single line in jack on the side of the control station). The standard 6 channel direct inputs, and 2 digital (coaxial and optical). I have never had much luck getting coaxial to work well (I believe it's because I don't own a decent coax cable) but I LOVE the optical cable. I run my Xbox 360 to the control station via optical and it sounds out of this world, DTS enabled for movies is a whole new experience if you haven't used it.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Ill have to look in to it then. A good speaker system for my 360 is what Im looking for. I don't need anything out of this world but this doesn't seem like that bad of a deal. Thanks for the info : )

No problem, you won't be disappointed with those.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

I <3 my Logitech Z-5500's. I use the digital input, and its clean as a whistle.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Greco101

Quote Originally Posted by onelegout View Post
    I can't game with speakers. Headphones give you such a huge advantage in games like CSS. Seriously, with a good pair of headphones (Don't buy anything apart from sennheiser!) you get accused of having wallhacks when in fact you can just pinpoint their position the other side of the wall using headphones.
    H
    I love headphones but they give me a headache because of the pressure on my head. Maybe I just dont have good enough headphones?

i used some headphones a couple of times when playing halo pc and i also thought it was pretty nice. They weren't gaming headphones though. Mine are just a set of fifty dollar sony headphones, nothing extraordinary. The only problem i had was how odd it was playing with such a vast separation between the left and right channels. I would love to try a set of those headphones that can supposedly replicate surround sound.

Speaking of headphones, I wish console manufacturers would start putting headphone ports on them. It would be a great help with the advent of console lan parties and I'm sure late night gamers would love to be able to connect their headphones directly to their console when the neighbors/parents don't want to hear the noise. I personally run my 360 through a computer monitor and headphone port would negate the need to buy speakers for it.

That's classified.

In-ear headphones bother me too after a while (I have $40 Apple in-ear headphones) and the regular kind (on the ear) won't work for me either because it presses my ears against my glasses.

So are there any suggestions for Sub-$100 Speakers?
    Are the Logitech X-540 the best ones?

Greco101

I'd save up a bit more and buy a better setup... odds are you get what you pay for.