Thread: Treadmill Workstation

tinfoil-underwear

Default Treadmill Workstation

straight from /.

"Did you know you could lose as much as 66 pounds by sweating on your PC? Well using the Mayo Clinic's vertical workstation, that just might be the weight loss wave of the future. The vertical workstation is basically a desk mounted over a treadmill that lets office workers to kill two birds with one stone — send emails, check invoices and write reports and burn calories at the same time, say Professors James Levine and Jennifer Miller of the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, who came up with the machine/desk. There are other things you can try as well. For example, the FPGamerunner, a USB full-size treadmill that works with any first-person shooter (FPS) game, has you covered. Walking on the treadmill moves your character through the game. Handlebars and buttons at the front of the $1,299 treadmill control your direction and fire your weapons."
    This seems like a lot better idea than me trying to collect Pokemon on an elliptical trainer which will no doubt one day lead to a very embarrassing obituary.
    Umm... I'm kind of blank with this.
    I know you guys will make sense of this mod.

Would you do it?
    I think that after -10 seconds I would go and plug the thing directly to the wall.
    You're in TBCS?
    You do realize we're following a guy that's the

VP of Regional Sales for
    Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids

I'm just sayin'...

Default Re: Treadmill Workstation

From what I'm reading, its not powering the PC, its just a workstation on a treadmill so you can exercise while you use it. You can stop walking if you want, but that sort of defeats the point.

Kind of like instead of sitting on your ass watching tv, you are riding a stationary bike. You can stop riding if you want, but the whole point is to keep you moving.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

People lack discipline enough to make themselves exercise or be active. This is a possible solution and isn't a bad idea, as long as you work/play at home.
    This would never work in an office enviroment. Dress clothes and sweating it to your address book don't mix.

Still, I think if this was modified and marketed for console play and kids, I think it could be useful in helping with childhood obesity issues.

Still, best option is to get out & do something. Spending your entire life staring at a screen is hard on your eyes and body.

Quote Originally Posted by nil8 View Post
    Still, I think if this was modified and marketed for console play and kids, I think it could be useful in helping with childhood obesity issues.
    *cough*Wii*cough*

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lukifer122 View Post
    *cough*Wii*cough*

i second

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!