Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: GameBoy as external HDD

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: GameBoy as external HDD

Just a small update, because the top is still getting clear coat. The coats may be finished at the weekend, if the weather is fine.

Did some work on the bottom part today. I attached the game cartridge to the case and gave it the Super Mario Land cover to fit with the picture on the screen.

Some shots of it:

The top is a bit rough but I will work on that.

The picture on the screen will be attached as soon as the clear coat is finished.

EDIT:

Here is a first shot with 4 layers of clear coat. Will give it some more layers at the weekend. It looks way better than the photo shows it but I don't know how to make a nicer shot of it.

ATX Mental Case

okay I gave it the last layers of clear coat. The coat is drying right know. Tomorrow I will mount the display and the Super Mario foil if the paint is dry till then. Will give you some pics as soon as possible.

ATX Mental Case

The clearcoat is still sticky. I wonder if this is normal? Should I let it dry longer or can I simply go on and work on the display?

ATX Mental Case

The clear coat finally dried, so I removed the masking tape.

I then did some work on the display-film. I cleaned the plexi cover from the film side and attached the film.

Sadly the display is very dirty from the other side. Tried to clean it with some stuff but nothing really worked. Have to try more things

sorry for the bad pictures, but I had to use a webcam.

u know that plastic screen comes out.. its just like double sided taped in there. im working on a gameboy ipod case and it came out pretty easily so i could paint it.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Personally why would you cover up the X-craft? I have one in black and it looks fine the way it is. The X-craft is a thing of beauty and that game boy case is just wrecking it. Plus there will be very little ventilation in the game boy case.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

ATX Mental Case

Thanks for the info. I got it out. This will make things much more easy. I tried to get it out before but I thought it was attached so well that it would break if I pushed it any more. But instead it came out quit nice.

But to annoy you all () I will repaint it again. I know its a hard time with me, but I got this new case (switched from laptop to desktop) and want it to fit the case paintjob. I think of modding the case itself sometime but the paintjob is just fine, so I will definitely stick with it. But to me this just don't look right:

I think of giving it the same look like the case. The white ring will get silver, the rest black (with better knowledge then last time I tried the black, so it won't produce this bad looking bulbs). So this project will go on and hopefully it will be recoloured for the last time.

I'm sorry for making this look very confused and disorganized but since it is my first real project I want to have it nice and this needs some practice and testing also including rejection of some progress. Hope you still watch this and give me advice.

oh god another respray.. nah just kidding with you
    I think you just learned that planning is really worth the effort at the start of a project, save your self alot of time.

If a ecommendation is possible i would of done the paint scheme on the computer first before wacking out the paint. something like photoshop or one of the many of the same programs out there like GIMP.

I like that your thinking of matching your computer too

A very good job on the prints too they look cool
    keep up the good work
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

Anodized

I like this mod a lot! Wanna trade game boys?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    Edible modding...he could be onto something here! :p

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

nice on makin it match...i plan on doin that with my laptop and all my stuff once i finish my case

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?