Thread: VIA C7 1.5Ghz

Default VIA C7 1.5Ghz

I was wondering if anyone may no of an aftermarket cooler for this cpu. I have looked all over and nothing seems to be made for it. Does anyone know of another type of cpu cooler that will work, such as a P4 cooler? The reason I ask is I am overclocking the little monster .

This is a pic of what my cpu cooler looks like. This is not the one I have exactly.

Click ME

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

EDIT- I found THIS but im not sure it will work better. I was hoping for something a little bigger but it seems to be the right size.

What about THIS giant. Thay said you can use a 70 mm fan with it but the heatsink doesn't mount well. I feel a mod coming on .

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

Default Re: VIA C7 1.5Ghz

I'm sure you could find a way to get one to fit... Just some custom mounting brackets and such will need to be made. If you don't mind wrecking a few heatsinks in the process, go for it. Hell, if you pull it off, I'll probably try it with my C3.
    RIP Bucko

Default Re: VIA C7 1.5Ghz

I found out that the Via CPUs use a heatsink with the exact same hole pattern as a North Bridge. I think I may take a whack at it.

EDIT- Watercooling anyone? lol Click HERE.

I think I way go with this Thermalright HR-05 and a 70 mm Fan.

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.