Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Msi?

Default Msi?

Ok, I have heard some people talking about MSI and I want to know what makes them so good. I have always been told Asus Asus Asus. What makes them better than Brand B? I personaly love Asus...great products and great support. Lets see if yall can change my mind.
    How did you come to trade the fiddle for the drum?

ATX Mental Case

Ultimatly its people prefrence. I am an asus fan, i bought one a few years back it worked great i bought another, they have never failed me. MSI is the same for others, plus its a little cheeper. Ill prolly use Asus untill it fails me then ill try another brand.
    "It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying, sometimes it means killing a whole lot of people."

They're cheaper becuase they use parts from china... or so I'm told. MSI got themselfs into a big mess over using cheaper parts on the boards...thats all I know.

Yeah...well I hadent planned on using any other than Asus. I just wanted to know what other options are out there, and MSI seems to be the next best thing.
    How did you come to trade the fiddle for the drum?

Anodized

i have an msi and it works great for me and as it was stated it is the persons choice.. so bassically its up to you and how you feel

Fresh Paint

I was (and still am) a fan of MSI. Recently, however, I find myself using Chaintech more and more in my builds. Granted, they are a "second tier" MB company, but when it comes to AMD builds, I feel they offer the best bang for the buck, esp. with nVidia chipset boards. Just my $0.02.
    "Anoint a villain, and he will stab you; stab him and he will anoint you."
    Thermaltake Tsunami
    PC P&C 510 SLI
    AMD X2 3800
    MSI K8N Neo4 SLI Platinum
    2GB Mushkin EP
    eVGA 7800GT CO
    Audigy2 ZS
    WD 80GB
    WD 160GB
    Plextor 716A DVD RW
    LiteOn CD/DVD RW
    Viewsonic E90f+
    TT Venus 12
    Logitech 518
    Saitek Eclipse
    fUNC Archetype 1030

CJ-CWC

To be honest there is always a chance on getting a bum mobo it does not matter the manufacturer.

I always used ABIT, one day I had a problem then I moved to Asus and most recently (Read my Problem with ASUS Motherboard Thread) and well I switched back to ABIT to give them another chance..... Some boards are good others bad it is a flip of the coin well and where it is made and yes type of components.

Best bet if you are looking for a new brand board is decide on the company as you did (MSI) then decide on a specific model then visit the forums and ask around get opinions from others that already own and use the specific motherboard.

The SlackMeister

i have MSI Neo4 and its pretty nice. from what i see, Asus is always the 1st one to come out with a new board. For example, Asus had the 1st SLI motherboard.

Overclocked

I like MSI for their video cards. Also i am not a big overclocker so they work fine. For the msi Motherboards i have 2 right now and they both work well. I was actually suurprised by the perfomance of my new one which is the rs480 wit the ATI chipset on it. Plus there red muhahahah.

Other brands I like is Asus and Gigabyte along with some of teh dfi boards for stabilty.

Not a big fan of abit and a couple othert manufactures.
    Mesh makes the world go around!!!!

Default Re: Msi?

Ive used mostly MSI boards in my builds (for myself and others). Quality wise, they're right up there with the others. I had an ABIT for my overclocked XP-M, but the chipset cooler died (very common problem on NF7-S boards) and in my haste to remove said cooler, scratched about a dozen traces on the mobo. From what i have read, most of the component problems with MSI have been cheap caps, but Abit and quite a few others were hit with the same problem. Now it seems that most "name" mobo manufacturers have switched to Japanese caps.