Thread: Project "Bling Bling"

Anodized

Default Project "Bling Bling"

Hello everyone,
    I am new to the board, and have been looking at a lot of peoples' work, and, I have to say, there is a lot of talent out there, and I am very impressed with the imagination and artistry that people have put into what they have done. OK enough of the butt kissing....
    A bit of a background on me....I've always been into computers. The first computer I built was an AMD K6-2 650mhz with 3D-NOW! and 256 mb ram, and a Riva TNT-2 video card. Wow that thing was awesome! The computer I am running now (other than my notebook) is an AMD Athlon XP 1ghz with 1G ram, nVidia GeForce 5600 agp that I have added 2 Rosewill 80mm fans and 2 10Gb harddrives to.
    OK enough of the background. Lets get on with the project. What inspired me in this project was watching "Unique Whips" and all the car shows on Speed, Spike TV and TLC. I was looking at all the speakers in the trunks of these cars, filled with speakers and TV's and thought "That would look pretty sweet as a case" and came up with this design.

Here is what my project "Bling Bling" is going to look:
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    Front View
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    This is a side view
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    View from the back
    The blue areas are open for fans and to plug stuff into the mobo
    I am going to make the monitor move up and down when you power on and off the computer
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    Top View
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    This is a diagram of what is what if you are having trouble by looking at the clay model.

The medium I plan on using is fiberglass, but the inside of the case will be made of aluminum. I am unsure what color or colors I plan on going with at this time, and more than likely the exact pc parts will change. Some things that I know for sure are:
    It will have an AMD processor (yes I'm a huge fanboy)
    It will be SLi
    RAID 0+1
    It will take a while and a lot of money

Later on I will have some pictures on how I want the inside of the case to look.
    Well that's all I have for now, I'll post more when I have more!

Anodized

Default Re: Project "Bling Bling"

what are you making the case out of? looks like those rounded speakers are gonna be hard to make, also it might look pretty cool if you put a window in the back of the case where it looks to be flat. and have you thought of making the lcd screen move? like you hit a button and it moves up into place? i think that would be pretty cool.

i do like how the whole case will be the accration what you use thats a great idea. good luck with the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by NuKS View Post
    I am going to make the monitor move up and down when you power on and off the computer
    Now thats a Kewl Idea.
    Likein' the sculpey Model.

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by ghoul View Post
    what are you making the case out of?
    The case will be made out of fiberglass and the frame will be made out of aluminum.

The powersupply and harddrives will be in a separate compartment on the bottom of the case, with the mobo and optical drives on top. In order to keep heat transfer to a minimum I plan on using 2 sheets of aluminum between the two with the cables running through rubber seals like you see for the wiring harness going through the firewall in a car.
    The insides I am thinking I will have powdercoated. One of my friends does powdercoating on the side, so I can get it done relatively cheaply. Origionally I was going to go with chrome inside and a candy green paintjob on the outside, but right now I really don't know.
    One thing I didn't show is that the speakers are going to be angled up about 15 degrees for a bit better sound

Anodized

Default Update 1

I couldn't sleep, so I made a diagram of the case layout. Nothing is to scale, but I hope this gives you an idea on how I will set it up

[IMG]
    [/IMG]