Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Modder's Challenge #3: Vandal Proof!

Default Re: Modder's Challenge #3: Vandal Proof!

Yes, we are working on getting the models, but hand drawn is fine. It would take me a month just to draw the case without a tablet.

RE: hacking up the case; Even the HULK resembled Dr. Banner.

van·dal·ize (vndl-z)
    tr.v. van·dal·ized, van·dal·iz·ing, van·dal·iz·es
    To destroy or deface (public or private property) willfully or maliciously.
    vandal·i·zation (--zshn) n.

A tether? My bird could waste a tether;
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

OK, I might be over thinking this one. I need a little clarifacation please. By "Vandal Proof" do you mean if someone tries to tamper with the case something will happen like a thousand bells and whistles go off? Or no matter what the vandal has in his/her tool box they won't be able to brake into the case i.e. crowbar and hacksaw?
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spacehonkey View Post
    OK, I might be over thinking this one. I need a little clarifacation please. By "Vandal Proof" do you mean if someone tries to tamper with the case something will happen like a thousand bells and whistles go off? Or no matter what the vandal has in his/her tool box they won't be able to brake into the case i.e. crowbar and hacksaw?
    I would say anything and everything that would make it Vandal Proof. Bells and whistles to warn them off? Sure. Reinforced structure so they can't break in and steal your components? Heck yea.

Robotic arms wielding electrically charged chainsaws with lasers for the chain? That might be a bit over the top.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Overclocked

omg dude you totally stole my idea lol
    "Two people can keep a secret only if one is dead." Abraham Lincoln

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Could I have a reinforced concrete shell around it so it's impossible to damage or move? lol

"Vandal Proof" Kinda Like a Payphone a.k.a Fortress or Cocot.

Thats what I think of when I think "Vandal Proof" anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post

Could I have a reinforced concrete shell around it so it's impossible to damage or move? lol
    Not impossible, just very very difficult. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spacehonkey View Post
    It's more to do with not being able to 'brake into the case' but bells and whistles do sound fun.... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    Erm I don't think you would be able to use the computer if it had concrete wrapped around it lol.

-gaz

Do you have a second life?

Well i dont think ill be entering But i had some ideas so i thought i would share them, not many but hey lol there free ideas

1. Have a little camera built in that door so u can see if anybodys stealing it and if they are records them and sends it to the security box.

2. Put a little transmitter on the bottom and a receiver on the desk. So when the case is moved say 1meter away it triggers a silent alarm.

3. Not for the case but for the Screen. Put a plexy glass plate or somthing over the screen so no pesty kids or adults can put there fingers on the screen or hit it.

Hope this give you some more ideas

Cheers

Sam

Well i dont think ill be entering But i had some ideas so i thought i would share them, not many but hey lol there free ideas

1. Have a little camera built in that door so u can see if anybodys stealing it and if they are records them and sends it to the security box.

2. Put a little transmitter on the bottom and a receiver on the desk. So when the case is moved say 1meter away it triggers a silent alarm.

3. Not for the case but for the Screen. Put a plexy glass plate or somthing over the screen so no pesty kids or adults can put there fingers on the screen or hit it.

Hope this give you some more ideas

Cheers

Sam
    Well free idea's are nice, but now that everyone knows them we can't really use them.

That said, before everyone decides to jump in with free ideas, I would like people to refrain from doing this. If someone were to mention one of my idea's on accident, I would feel like I was cheating and then I would not be able/want to use that idea.

As someone who _is_ entering this competition, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Wasab, no harm done. You came close to one of my idea's, but not close enough. :p