Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smilies

ATX Mental Case

Default Smilies

Okay, I know that I am probably gonna get flamed for this one but here goes.
    When you are writing threads and posts there is a list of smilies on the right of your writing. While I personally don't like smilies (I think that that the majority of them look un-proffesional(although there are certain situations where a smilie speaks a thousand words)) I understand that most of the community loves the humble smilie. I would never ask you to get rid of smilies, I merely ask that you remove the animated smilies that are immediately visible on the right. I find that these are very distracting when you are trying to type up a post. It would be better if you only had static smilies on the right and the animated ones in the extra menu.

I will not ask you to change anything yet, at least not until there is at least some other people in the community who agree with me. If however you think that that is an awful idea then say so, if you agree with me then again say so.
    Last edited by jonopaul01; 04-30-2005 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Don't know my right from my left
    There is no other choice.

ATX Mental Case

Personally i love the smilies. While being slightly unprofessional, this isnt a business forum or anything like that.
    Thats my 2 cents... Smilies are great (espicall the jaw dropping one)
    "It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying, sometimes it means killing a whole lot of people."

FX

You are able to change the view WYSIWYG in your profile to place the smilies in a drop-down box rather than on the page when replying. You might want to look into that first.

The One and Only

What??

:bsflag: :asshole: :smilie_co :bluegrab: :hitit: :banana2: :fantastis :eek2: :smilie_sp

Quote Originally Posted by jonopaul01
    I find that these are very distracting when you are trying to type up a post.
    Some one has ADD? (I joke because I love) <3
    How did you come to trade the fiddle for the drum?

ATX Mental Case

If the profile change Scarab suggested doesn't work for you, maybe a strategically placed Post-It note saying "Don't look under here" would help. :-) [<--old school]

ATX Mental Case

Thanks for the tip. Both the post it one and the good one. And before people get upset, I am not saying that smilies are bad or that we should get rid of them, I am just saying they are distracting. However as I can turn them off in my settings for my posting, I will do that. Thanks all
    There is no other choice.

ATX Mental Case

I'm with jono , they are a distraction and distort the page, maybe we can have a page of normal smilies and if people want to see the strange smilies by clicking on a link. Its done this way on other vbb boards

I noticed that vbb code is turned off in signatures any chance that can be turned on?
    Thanks
    gordyhand.co.uk

we're working on getting simple ones installed---have to find just the right ones but we are on it :banana2:

ATX Mental Case

cool nice one
    gordyhand.co.uk