Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone recommend a mouse for me

Default Someone recommend a mouse for me

that does NOT use a charging cradle but instead relies on batteries. (I need to mount the receiver inside a sealed enclosure)

The SlackMeister

Default Re: Someone recommend a mouse for me

M$ mice.. i had 1 for a pretty long time.

Fresh Paint

Had one for a year and a half. And boy if you use your mouse a lot (which you should!) :p Than you will go through a lot of batteries. With keyboards it is a little different. Like replacing batteries every 4 or so months, but mice are more like every month to two months. Definately go to costco and buy a big pack of AA batteries

But yea, Microsoft makes some really nice ones, they also look nice

Water Cooled

I have a logitech mediaplay mouse which is totally awesome. you can use them with two AA batteries, but you can take one out to make it lighter and it still works. and they last for quiet some time too.

Fresh Paint

The logitech MX 1000 laser mouse. it is cordless and has a rechargable dock, I have a MX 700 the older optical, awsome for gaming I know alot of people will argue that there is a bit of lag on the wireless but Logitech puts that to rest with there MX line you can also get there MX 900 wich is bluetooth, but it is optical not laser picking up the laser soon myself.
    Trust know one you can't realy on anyone but your self not even on God, he will not fix my ED only phizer can.

he said one that doesn'y use recharge dock
    "Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1

Water Cooled

Quote Originally Posted by ZeD
    that does NOT use a charging cradle but instead relies on batteries. (I need to mount the receiver inside a sealed enclosure)
    yeah NO DOCK. thats the whole point. sometimes i wonder how many actually read b4 posting

Thanx I think Ill go for either the media play or one of the microsoft intellimouse explorers. The MX mice are very nice, a tad bulky but like I said, it needs to be battery operated. Frakk, the mediaplay is fully usable on one battery? all the buttons work? I'll have to crack one open, I guess the second is sort of a spare when the first goes out.

Water Cooled

yes everything works fine with only one battery, the ratings are 1.5V/100mA therefore one cell is enough, they are in parallel, only the amps add up. you can use it with 1 or 2 cells, 2 will last longer but 1 will be lighter.

I love this mouse Wireless IntelliMouse® Explorer. You can get it in Black Leather for pete's sake. Thats awesome. I'm picking a wired one up for my new box in a few weeks (probably the Platinum one though, a leather mouse is just a little too hellraiser for me).

I have this mouse IntelliMouse Explorer for Bluetooth® which is pretty neat, but chews through batteries. I use Nickel Cadmium pro camera rechargables but have to change like once a fortnight.

If you are looking at building your receiver into your box or whatever though you might want to go with Bluetooth so you are not constrained by line-of-sight.
    Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim.
    Asking if people think is like asking if a pebble has a preference between Beethoven and Mozart.

temmink.org recondelta.com