Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AMD Quad Core?

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default AMD Quad Core?

Is it available yet? And is it still one chip or two on one mobo?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: AMD Quad Core?

The Barcelona should be coming out soon.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

barcelonas will be 1 pros with 4 cores and a dual pros mobo. they currently have a mobo that will support 2 dual core chips. i've been following this for a while now. it's supoused to be released in the 2nd half of the year but i say maybe around 3rd Q. according to AMD, the barcelona will "blow away" intel. i hope it does as AMD isnt doing that great now a days...

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by blk03MitsuES View Post
    they currently have a mobo that will support 2 dual core chips. i've been following this for a while now. it's supoused to be released in the 2nd half of the year but i say maybe around 3rd Q.
    Don't they already have those out? I believe if is AMD Socket F FX where they use two dual core processors on the same motherboard.

Or are you talking about a different line?

Processors

Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Fear.Sin View Post
    Don't they already have those out? I believe if is AMD Socket F FX where they use two dual core processors on the same motherboard.

Or are you talking about a different line?

Processors

Motherboard
    thats what i meant 2 as in a pair of dual core processors. i've heard that mobo will be compatible with the quad core barcelona's as they should be the same socket.

Just for clarification:

The barcelona is a 4 core processor. 2 of them on one mobo nets you 8 cores.

Thies chips come with new L3 cache. Dedicated to cache misses on the 1st and 2nd level cache's.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Wow i didnt know that.. that must be some processing power, it was only last year when i thught i was cool going out and buying my amd x2

althought dont you think they are going mad with all this dual/quad core stuff?

i wonder how much one of those quad cores from amd will net in.. do any of yous hav estermates?

si-skyline

Quote Originally Posted by si-skyline View Post

althought dont you think they are going mad with all this dual/quad core stuff?

si-skyline
    just like DX X, most games dont even take full advantage of the hardware now, but it was released so that designers/developers could take advantage of it in the future.

when dual core chips came out, most apps didnt take advantage either. some still dont now. everyday pc users dont really need intel's quad core chip or AMD's future twin quad core mobo's... if technology wasnt getting pushed to the edge every now and then we still be living in caves making fire with rocks and sticks.......

btw intel came up with an 80 something cores processor, what for? provably just to show off......

oh no.. i find that of course research has to be done.. it just seems that alot of companys are saying the more of this the better.. it was just this year when dual core really became main stream and not too long ago when dual core were made in client computers.

it jsut seems mad but i still wouldn't mind one

That 80-something core processor is just for number crunching I believe. It doesn't use the x86 instruction set and thus doesn't have the ability to run a normal OS, if any at all... Not to mention the power that thing must suck.

Here's some more info.
    RIP Bucko