Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i was thinking

Default i was thinking

I really like this case , Full ATX Case, good airflow, quiet fans.
    But i really want a side panel, so i can show the inside of my pc and the LED Fans.

NZXT Zero
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811146029

I was thinking of taking these 4 fans off on the side and the mesh for a side window panel(is it possible?). Good Idea?, and i will replace the fans with the 5 BLUE LED fans that im gettin. Theres already See-through smoked acrylic on the case where the fans are placed(but id rather want Plexi i guess). Then ill just buy a piece of Plexi.

Default Re: i was thinking

Cool A New NZXT. That one is Ugggly.
    NZXT is my Favorite as far a Pre-Mod Cases Go.
    I Have have a Couple NZXT Trinity Cases.

Here is the one I got my sights on now. Its the ANTEC 9 Hundred.

Overclocked

the 900 kicks ass, even stock

I agree. Im gonna make one similar to that. From Scratch . .

What I don't understand.. . well anymore. .

Why don't people make there own. Hell anyone can get a aluminum pc case chassis and take it in a million directions.

What I want to do is make the concept designs for these PC Case Manufacturers. . I Wonder what kinda degree I need to be one of those dudes.. lol. .

Wow i didnt ask for your opinion on the case, i just had a simple question, I dont want to know about that Mid Tower case, dont say anything if you dont have anything to say.

I'd say with a bit of patience, creativity, and the right tools, it should be fairly easy, mang. It looks as through (from those shrunken, compressed newegg photos) that the fan unit is attached with either rivets or screws, both possible to remove. No major cutting should be necessary.

/edit: upon searching google for some reviews, i've come to believe that the side panel fan unit is composed as such: 4 circular holes with respective screw holes for fans and one large fan grill that is mounted with screws from the inside. so, you would have to do some cutting to make it one big square hole as opposed to 4 small circular holes that look like they are obviously for fans and not viewing your internal components. the upside is that there all already 4 screw holes for the big fan grill that covers all of the fans so you would just have to cut the plexi to size and drill holes corresponding the fan grill holes on the case panel.

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1Gtime View Post
    I was thinking of taking these 4 fans off on the side and the mesh for a side window panel(is it possible?). Good Idea?, and i will replace the fans with the 5 BLUE LED fans that im gettin. Theres already See-through smoked acrylic on the case where the fans are placed(but id rather want Plexi i guess). Then ill just buy a piece of Plexi.
    Yes it's very possible. It wouldn't be that hard. You could even make the window bigger if you wanted to. You can do a quick search on the net and probably find a tutorial on how to make a window for your case. There's even a window mod section in Paul's (Crimson Sky) book, Extreme PC Mods, It's a pretty easy mod to do and shouldn't take you very long. Hope that puts you on the right track for your project.
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

Thank you Space Honkey and a.bird, thats the answer i was looking for.

+rep

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

Not a problem man. Don't worry about those other guys. I don't really think they meant to get off topic but sometimes when people post their comments it gets them thinking about their own project they go off on tangents.
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

I would think that it wouldn't be too hard to do what you are thinking. You could even carry it a bit further by increasing the size of the window, or even just adding a smaller one into the panel. All in all I think it is a good idea and one that would be relatively easy to pull off. Go for it!

Thanks a.bird and Spaced out Honkey ( )for providing good responses.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...