Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: thermoelectric?

Overclocked

Default Re: thermoelectric?

hmm the corsair nautilus sounds good look on newegg, but i dont know of any others

a sub $100 water cooling system is a noob toy. If you want serious oc capability you have to pay $125+ for each waterblock. Peltier cooling is also expensive if you want to do it right. It takes a second dedicated peltier power supply that can draw the amperage needed for heating/cooling the plates. It also requires careful insulation of the CPU from condensation because the plates get frosty.

the silver knight is a POS.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 04-11-2007 at 04:50 PM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Austral Alien

Quote Originally Posted by azminisk8r View Post
    You know i hate child labor laws right now, i need lots of cash, like 400, and i have 0 way to make it. No allowance, but then again no chores. My mom stays home all day so we dont need to do chores
    So you whine you need money, then....

ppl keep talking about making money which i dont really care about
    Riiight...
    You say you have no money, you can't get what you need, but you tehn say you don't care about having the money you were complaining about not having earlier.

you know actually getting some advice
    You were getting advice to help you out. But smeg it, you seem like a whiney little bitch, so I'm not going to bother helping you anymore.
    I'll spend my time helping others around here instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

azminisk8r

screw it im leaving the forum, last 5 threads ive gotten all trash from you and no advice, i went to OC forum and got 2 good OC watersystems for 150 in less than 10 minutes goodbye mother****ers

Austral Alien

Don't let the door hit you on the way out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

...It's topics like this that tempt me to write a guide on "How to ask questions the right way" or "How to get responses to your thread".

Anyone interested?
    RIP Bucko

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out...
    Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    ...It's topics like this that tempt me to write a guide on "How to ask questions the right way" or "How to get responses to your thread".

Anyone interested?
    You know, I actually agree with you both on this one. People like this aren't a big problem or anything, but its still pretty annoying at times. There is just simply a certain way to do things. Some people don't get it, some people do. If it means that the people who don't get it don't show up around here anymore and that the people who do get it keep coming back for more? Seems fine to me. It's a situation that we can only benefit from.

That, and its not like he brought a whole lot of mods to the community if any at all. If he did bring a few mods to the table? Well sorry, but I don't remember anything worth remembering or mentioning.

azminisk8r, sorry it didn't work out for ya man.

is a under 100$ water cooler worse or better than a thermoelectric cooler?
    post some suggested links to items please, and will thermoelectric get below 20C if at stock idle?
    is the silver knight better or worse than a cheap thermoelectric
    We gave you our answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    A cooler can only get the temprature as low as ambient temperature of the room. If your room is 25 degrees, you won't ever get to 20 degrees.

Cheap water cooling is normally as good as an expensive heatsink cooler.
    Which I stand by. But you didn't seem to get it. For what you want, its just not going to happen. Save up your monies and get something that will really impress yourself, online modding communities, and maybe even your friends and/or family. But mostly yourself. You would not be happy with yourself if you bought a cheapo cooler and tried to unsuccessfully overclock. You could however, get a _small_ overclock with a cheapo water cooler if you do alot of research on some products first. I would suggest the Thermaltake Silent Water, it has pretty good reviews. But I would not suggest it for overclocking. If you want to get a nice overclock, spend some time and custom build your own instead of buying a kit. You'll be better off that way even if it does cost more.

Hope you figure something out that works for you. We tried at least.

I would say "don't let the door hit you on the way out" but... last I checked we don't have a door.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire
    I would say "don't let the door hit you on the way out" but... last I checked we don't have a door.
    :p

If it's ok with mods and everyone else, I will go ahead and write something up.
    RIP Bucko

screw it im leaving the forum, last 5 threads ive gotten all trash from you and no advice, i went to OC forum and got 2 good OC watersystems for 150 in less than 10 minutes goodbye mother****ers

Here i was ready to send the kid a Danger Den 80 watt peltier I have collecting dust in my closet. Oh well. Buh-bye now.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 04-11-2007 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    :p

If it's ok with mods and everyone else, I will go ahead and write something up.

Thanks, go for it.