Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: thermoelectric?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: thermoelectric?

I'll just say one thing. If you want to overclock big, then you are going to have to spend big bucks on a water cooling kit. If you want to go insane, go with a peltier water cooling setup. Do lots of research if you go peltier. Well actually, do lots of research period. But no matter how you slice the bread, you are going to have to spend around 200-300 bucks for a good water cooling kit to get 4ghz safely. If you don't care about saftey... well... dont post on this forum.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

azminisk8r

yeah thats what i was wondering, if anyone knew cheap because i dont want to go peltier, to damn expensive, found some decent ones around 150 200. but not good enough o well, have to wait another year till i can work. You know i hate child labor laws right now, i need lots of cash, like 400, and i have 0 way to make it. No allowance, but then again no chores. My mom stays home all day so we dont need to do chores

Austral Alien

What's stopping you from going and asking neighbours if you can mow lawns, or wash cars, do chores for them. That's what I did before I got a part time job to earn money when I was younger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    What's stopping you from going and asking neighbours if you can mow lawns, or wash cars, do chores for them. That's what I did before I got a part time job to earn money when I was younger.
    Thats actually a really good idea. I made close to 400 buck-a-roo's for a summers work of mowing lawns. Well, we had some fancy shmancy neighbors too, but you can still make a good wad of cash by doing things that nobody likes to do, like chores. Not even adults like to do their chores.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

azminisk8r

lol uhm AZ temps are maxing out at 100 so we have no lawns, we have rocks. and my neighbours cars are too expensive to let me touch, 3 hummers and a couple mercedes a few convertibles but no corvettes, plus i dont know anyone in my neighborhood they're all old hags i mean we have people move out trimonthly cuz they die or need to go to a retirement home

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post

Cheap water cooling is normally as good as an expensive heatsink cooler.
    I beg to differ there are a number of watercooling systems out there that are rubbish you really have to spend either the same or more on a water cooling system compared to an expensive heatsink to get some good cooling.
    Need a sig

Austral Alien

Ok, so there is no lawns and you can't wash their cars. Not knowing them doesn't matter. I went up and knocked on their doors and said "Hi, I'm Lee from number 10. I'm looking to earn some extra pocket money. Is there any yard work or other chores I can do for you?"
    Sure, some said no, but if you have a lot of old people around, you are sitting on a gold mine! They don't have young kids around to do the chores for free!
    There's racking leaves, weeding, scooping leaves out of pools, walking their dogs for them. Be inventive!
    If you really want these computer bits, you'd do it.
    When I was about 14 the PS1 came out.
    It was $800.
    I got one by saving money from doing work for neighbours, friends of my parents, collecting cans and cashing them in and it was a hard slog, but I got what I wanted because I wanted it bad enough and found a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Quote Originally Posted by azminisk8r View Post
    uh hello is anyone even going to help me out here, ive posted 2 threads that have been up for a week on the first one and i got 1 post and thats it, cmon are you guys gunna help me out or not

No allowance, but then again no chores. My mom stays home all day so we dont need to do chores

People will help you out if they feel like helping you out. We arent your friggin' personal tech support team. I had lots of helpful info to give you before you put up this post. Now you can do your own search chores somewhere else.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 04-11-2007 at 08:35 AM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

azminisk8r

lo this thread aint about cash im asking about a decent cooler, ppl keep talking about making money which i dont really care about

azminisk8r

oh yeah and btw about the people dying on a trimontly basis, i wasnt kidding. kinda sux for them no offense to them.
    btw im not complaining this thread keeps going off topic

plz just list a few decent coolers, i would much appreciate it. you know actually getting some advice