Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barebone Case

Default Re: Barebone Case

I like the idea, a lot!

I do want to mention somthing, maybe you've thought of it or maybe you have'nt. How are you going to get the light activated switches to work? If somone turned on a light or lamp, wouldnt that activate the switch and turn the power off? I could see that being a huge anoyance down the road.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CanaBalistic View Post
    I do want to mention somthing, maybe you've thought of it or maybe you have'nt. How are you going to get the light activated switches to work? If somone turned on a light or lamp, wouldnt that activate the switch and turn the power off? I could see that being a huge anoyance down the road.
    Well I read on a thread somewhere in here that they got their lights to flash with the audio track and not influenced by outside noise by plugging it into the mic input of their board or something like that. The important thing is I know it can be done so I'll do some more digging around when I get time.

Believe me I know my projects push the limits of my skill level but isn't that the point. How will you ever get better if you never test yourself and try to do thing just out of your reach. Plus I like the idea of doing something new or improving on other people's ideas.
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

Sound activated?

I was talking about the light activated power switch in your schematical diagram.

Thats a cool way to get sound activated lights to work though.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by CanaBalistic View Post
    Sound activated?

I was talking about the light activated power switch in your schematical diagram.

Thats a cool way to get sound activated lights to work though.
    Oh sorry misread your comment. I've got a bunch of ideas in my head and sometimes I get into to much of a hurry and they get mixed up.

Yeah I thought about that. I've done a bunch of tests with the LDR sensor in the paper roll and the room light doesn't affect it. I even shined a flashlight directly on the sensor and then turned the flashlight on/off it also had no affect on the switch turning on/off. The light from the LED overpowers all other light so only the LED turning on/off will activate the switch. Also, just as a back, I put the LDR deep enough into the paper roll so the room light won't affect it. So I don't see turning the room light on/off as being a problem.

Possibly. . the coolest idea ive seen soo far.

You could save time working off of real bones seen it on Mythbusters.
    Get ur bondo out.

Well maybee not. . I can see the picket signs already. . LOL

this is such a cool idea, just a couple suggestions though, make the heart the pump, and some other organ the resevoir. also you could make the wiring look like veins.

Quote Originally Posted by -ecK View Post
    You could save time working off of real bones seen it on Mythbusters.
    Get ur bondo out.

Well maybee not. . I can see the picket signs already. . LOL
    I'm not sure how it would save me time by using real bones. When I started designing this I actually looked into the price of real bones, you know just for comparison pricing against the fake one, and they're way to expensive. Plus the whole idea of using real ones would just be to freaky.

Quote Originally Posted by mercerman318 View Post
    this is such a cool idea, just a couple suggestions though, make the heart the pump, and some other organ the resevoir. also you could make the wiring look like veins.
    Making the heart the pump would make more sense. I don't know why I didn't think about that. This will be my first water cooled setup so I wasn't sure if repositioning the pump and reservoir would affect the system. I just ran across this basic setup first and just went with it. I'll do some rearranging in SketchUp again and see how it turns out.

Having the wires look like veins is a good idea. That was my intension all along. I'm just not sure how to pull off that look yet. I just used a red texture over the wiring to represent the vein look for now.

I like all the input from you guys. You've already improved the flow of the design a lot, Thanks. Keep the ideas flowing.

Can't suggest anymore, everybody has already had some great ideas. But what I can do is congratulate you on a fantastic mod idea! This is probably the most awesome and ambitious mod idea I've seen!
    + rep for you and your creativity (and your sketchup skills as well, even if you did download a bunch of it!)

Agnat

That looks sweet. The jaw dropping down to allow the DVD/CD drive to open is truely ingenious. I can't wait to see you pull it off.

Hey guys I got a water cooling question for you. Like I stated earlier this is going to be my 1st water cooling setup so I don't understand the specifics yet. I was wondering how to run the tubes. I understand the coolant will be the coldest when it first exits the radiator. So I was wondering if this is how I should connect the tubes up. Radiator-CPU-Video Card-Reservoir-Pump. Does it matter if the reservoir is hooked up before the pump or should the reservoir be the last thing before it cycles through the radiator again? I'm asking because I'm making some changes to my design in SketchUp and the tubes are crossing each other and I don't like the way it looks but if I change the order I have the coolant flowing then I can rearrange the tubes so it'll look better.