Page 9 of 108 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

Quote Originally Posted by Cymae
    I have a question about the psone screen..are you going to hook it up as a dual monitor or what? I'm a bit confused, and a newbie when it comes to mounted lcds ^_^
    You got it. It's going to be a second monitor basically. I have to make a CSYNC circuit because my video card doesn't support it. Most ATI cards do but most nVidias don't. Csync is HSYNC and VSYNC bunched into one signal that this LCD reads. Very easy circuit to make.

couldnt run me through that roughly could you?

Small update. I only got like an hour or so of work done today. I was tired, it was hot,... just wasn't really in the mood.

Ok,... here I am trying to cover up where I F@#%ed up. I wasn't thinking. Very stupid mistake. Oh well it happens. It's a nice cover up though. I had plans to do this anyways so it all worked out. I'm goign to cut grooves here. You can see how I center punched several time to drill down the lines.

Another shot of the center punches. Notice the small grooves at the bottom. I F#$%ed up three to LOL. Looks cool though dont it?

Close up.

Just got down drilling.

All done. I filed out the grooves nice and smooth. When the time comes I will put some UV green behind the grooves and then lite it up. Should look cool. I will most like cut some more or just drill some holes to give a futuristic look to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymae
    couldnt run me through that roughly could you?
    Sorry

Update,... another small one. It's like I spent only an hour today either. This intricate work is time consuming! Lordy. Mr. Boddaker,... I have a dremel, why I didn't use it to make the grooves? There's a logical reason actually, it's,... I don't know. LOL. Seriously,... I don't know why I didn't use it to just cut the grooves. Well,... The short grooves couldn't be cut with the dremel. The diameter of the cutting disc is too large. By time the disc cuts through the aluminum, the groove would be to long. I for whatever reason found that drilling was easier? I dont know. I will most likely cut some more larger grooves. I will make sure that I use the dremel to cut them to see if it is easier,... which it most likely will be. Anyways,... moving on. I want you guyz to tell me what you think of this,... I like it. But it needs some more work. Both the panels I have been cutting the past two days are not done just to let you guyz know.

I'm cutting some more smaller grooves here in the other LED panel. This time I thought I would cut more then the other side to mix it up a bit.

All filed and done. Just needs some sanding.

Now,... seeing that the other side has the VFD. I thought I would somewhat even things out by adding a cool kind of window thing here on the other side. It's not really a window but is? You know? I mean it's not even centered with teh panel or sized evenly. It's like a window panel thing kinda like the ones in the Cube. you know the movie? Theres going to be a UV green panel behind it just like the grooves and whatever I cut into the panels. I think it looks nice. I have to even out the look though. I have to add some more triangles to the panels, maybe even some circles to smooth out all the hard square edges. I want it to look futuristic with looking to corny. Here I scrathed out the window and center punched.

Just got done jig sawing out the pattern.

All done.

Like I said,... It's not done. I have some more work to do to the panels to make them look more complete. I think I will actually have some more time to work on the puter tomorrow. Yea! Till then. This post was copied from gruntville so it may read weird. All my posts here will be copied from gruntville to save time. Thanks! Also,... I change the title for the very first thread to the new updated date. Check it to see whether iv'e updated or not.

you have mad skills. keep up the good work!
    "Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1

Quote Originally Posted by Xbrid
    you have mad skills. keep up the good work!
    Thanks .

Is this your first mod?
    "Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1

Quote Originally Posted by Xbrid
    Is this your first mod?
    Yes. I cut out a window for my last case but thats about it . Do I have any past experience working with metal, acrylic, or doing anything like this whatsoever,... No. LOL. Seriously. You can do anything you set your mind too. If you REALLY want it,... you can have it.

A quick photochop provided by my lovely women. This shuold give a quick idea of what the UV it going to looking behind the panels. It does no justice though.