Page 7 of 108 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

Another update! YEA! A small but interesting,...

OH,... before I start, I had found out the the rear front panel has to be two pieces. I can't slide one whole big piece inside the front area of the case. These support brackets are in the way. I could remove the rivets holding the bracket and then slide it in but I wouldn't be able to get new rivets back in because of the order the case was put together. SOOOOO,... I will have to make two smaller panels. No biggie. Anyways,... before I make those rear front panels I decided that should mount all the hardware first so I am sure of where everything is going to be. So,....

... I started making the LCD bracket out of this piece of scrap.

Here you can see the bracket was cut to size and I cut the first set to bolt grovves. These grooves are for the bolts that will hold the bracket to the case. I made grooves so I could slide the bracket up and down for adjustability.

See Very nice.

See how it's going to look,... I'm going to cut another groove for the LCD so it can be bolted to the bracket. I'll be able to slide the LCD up and down on the bracket too. With both grooves, that is the case and LCD gooves,... I should be able to move the LCD up and down about 1.5 - 2 inches total. Why? I don't know It's cool Well,... so I can have some adjustability.

Here I drilled holes so I can cut out the second set of grooves for the LCD.

Thats it for this update. I didnt get to finish this bracket today but I do plan on finishing it and moving on the other things soon. Till then.

Hey everyone! Welcome to the T.O. show! Here's an UPDATE for all you folks out there! I finished fabricating the bracket for the LCD screen. Although it's still not done,... due to the fact that I have to drill holes for wires and I still have to clear coat it. But the functionality portion of it is done. I have to say it looks quite professional Check it out,...

Here's the bracket pretty much done. As I said before, I still have some holes to drill for the LCD wires and I have to clear coat it. Same dust finish as the RAD enclosure.

I needed spacers so I could mount the LCD off the bracket so that LCD wasn't touching the bracket. So I cut up these wire butts (I think thats what they are called) and used them. They worked great until I realized that I needed more of them because I needed the LCD to stand off the bracket more then it was with just the four of them.

I didn't have anymore wire butts so I decided to go to home depot to get more. I needed longer 4-40 bolts anyways. When I got there and got my bolts I saw these! How perfect! White nylon spacers They were like 33 cents for two of each size. Well worth the price, I think.

I hade to drill larger holes through the LCD screen tabs for the 4-40 bolts. Oh how careful I had to be!

Here the LCD is mounted to the bracket. HOT!

Here you can see the nylon spacers. I was going to put 4 half inch spacers between the bracket and the LCD board as oppose to what you see in the picture but I thought this made more sence to me. Even though this LCD doesn't really need to be cooled I thought I would do it this way so that air could move in between the screen and the board anyways It looks cool. Also,... I used some washers, the smooth side against the bracket to help the LCD slide up and down the bracket for easy adjusting.

Here's a shot of it mounted to the case. That is so friggin cool looking!

Here's a shot of the back of the bracket.

I got my nylon LED holders today too! These little thing are so nice and they are going to work perfectly!

I didn't get much done today just like I didn't get much done the other day too, but I am satified I didn't really get a whole lot of time to work on the puter so that would explain it. Well, till next time, this is tribaloverkill saying if you can't buy it,... MAKE IT! Bye everyone! *credits begin scrolling*

VFD IS IN! Still has to be adjust just a tiny bit BUT IT'S IN! CAN I GET A WHOOP WHOOP!! Ok, enough of that, here's todays write up,...

Here's my Matrix Orbital 514 I will be installing today, tra la.

Here's approximately where I was going to cut. I was just kind of getting an idea of what I was going to do. All the holes in that panel was really throwing me off. I wanted to cut it so that even though it would be covered by a VFD bezel it would would look like a nice cut. You know what mean? Of coarse you do

And as you can see the cut came out very nice. You can see how it's different from what I had drawn.

Here's the VFD bracket I made. Looks kind of like the LCD bracket. This is why I skipped all the photo's of making the bracket. Nice isn't it? ISNT IT! LOL.

The bracket in place. That is so cool looking already. Hardcore.

The VFD mounted the the bracket itself. It's practically ready to be mounted.

Here's another shot. Cool isn't it? ISN'T IT! ISN'T IT!!!!! Joking

Mounted! That is so HOT! You'll be able to read it right through the side panel! I am going to make a bezel that will cover that whole side of the 5.25 bay. The all the buttons for that VFD will be mounted below it on the bezel. You will only be able to use the buttons with the side panel off! Cool isn't?? I'm not even going to do it. Don't worry.

Side shot.

LCD VFD SHOT.

BACK SHOT!

And I'mmmmmmmmm spent. Well hope you enjoyed that! Until next time, this is tribaloverkill saying,... Go F@#$ YOURSELF! HA HA HA. Don't you wish that would happen on a real show? Or I'm the only one wishin that? Actually,... there's this video over at ebaums.com where the weather caster guy does it. You should check it out! Night!

Yet another update,......................... :lol:. So I did some more work today. Today was a good day. I am very impressed with what I had accomplished. I knew exactly what I wanted, so I set forth and made it. Behold,.................................. the pictures!

Today,... I had bent some more aluminum. This time instead of bending some round corners I bent some nice right angles. What for? Keep looking,...

My gurlfriends father got a piece of "I" frame. Where? I don't know. I used it though, to bend my aluminum. It worked great!

With propane torch and a good size hammer I began to tap the edge of the aluminum into it's new right angle. You have to bedn this stuff slowly working your way from one side to the other and back until you got your bend. You dont really want to whack the crap out of it in a hurry. You got to treat it like a women,... you have to be slooooow and gentle .

This is what I got when I was done. A little banged up but thats ok! We can sand it out! Moving on,...

This is the second and last bend. Look how perfect that came out!

Whats it for? Well look! It the VFD BEZEL BABY!

I just didnt want a panel for the VFD. I wanted it to have it's own little enclosure. Once I wire up the buttons for it there will be alot of wires and stuff. This bezel will hide all that.

Time to cut out the hole for the VFD display. Oops, all done. I was trying to figure out where exactly this hole would be. I would of got pissed if I F'ed it up. So I decided to do it the right way,......... measure. Then measure it again.

Perfect! I can't believe I nailed it like that! I was so happy.

Here's the bezel all cleaned up and ready to be bolted down. Look how sexy that is!

So, what do you think?

YO YO YO,... CHECK OUT MY PHAT FONE! LOOK, THIS ONE GOTS A COVER WITH A UNICORN MADE OF RHINESTONES. LOL :lol:. Aaaaaanyways,... I have an update. Alot of work with few pictures. Cool idea though,... check it out.

This is another bezel I made today. It's more like a cover or a partial housing seeing that there is no devise that its dressing up. A partial housing/ cover for what though? Hmmm,....

This cover is for the other side of the 5.25" bay.

You can see the VFD bezel on the left and the newest cover on the right. It's not done yet. Both of them aren't done yet.

This is going to be where all my lighting circuitry and stuff is going to be. I am goign to be running several LED lines out from that thing. You see the 1" side of the cover,... I am going to mount several power jacks off that side. All the LED lines that will be running throughout the computer will get plugged into the cover. I think that it going to look cool as hell to see several UV green lines plugged into the cover from almost top to bottom! Again,... the one idea I had for this computer was that there would be alot fo lines and stuff everywhere, somewhat cluttered. It's going ot be a good clutter though. Originally I was going to make a box for the LEDs to be run from but after making the VFD bezel it made perfect sense to do it this way. So much better. I am going to line the inside with foam pad for insulation so I dont short anything out.

EDIT: LED wires are actually goingto be RED, which is even better

Your work is awesome!
    You methods are so exact... even making bends with your foot lol
    I cant wait to see how the UV looks through the tinted glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Xato
    Your work is awesome!
    You methods are so exact... even making bends with your foot lol
    I cant wait to see how the UV looks through the tinted glass.
    LOL. Thanks bro. It's going ot look HOT. I think that UV through the tinted acrylic looks better in my opinion. The tint takes away alot of the glare and some of the purple so everything looks like it is bright and glowing but not really. LOL. I can't explain it.

The SlackMeister

holy **** man! 65 posts in 1 day, thats like a record!

Hahahaha, i assume he was just copying the code from each of his posts on Gruntville.

Water Cooled

now this is a hell of a worklog. i mean you got everything from a nice mod to spongebob to a nice bike (im very jelous) and even his kitty makes an appearance and posting 7 pages one night, i thought ive been missing out on this for months b4 i checked the dates lol. anyways, its awesome work dude, ure gonna have a sweet setup.

btw why did you put the rads in series and not parallel? you could even set up two loops with the pumps. (sorry if u mentioned it but I have to save reading all this for a later time)