Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 2

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

Default Re: Battlefield 2

I'm running a 5200 w 256 and BF2 runs great (I can't run it higher than Low for most settings, but it works @1024x768 with no glitches or shutters) I've ran into a bit of lag but only when there were 64 peeps in the server and two of use were playing on it over my cable connection (hay we like to see the guy I'm screaming @)

There was an issue with ATI cards and the new drivers...you had to have the ones that were like 2 or 3 point releases old to get it to work right....EA and ATI were working on it though, Check EA or ATI Forums for more details (I didn't pay that much attention to it cause I's running a Nvidia card)

Crazybillybob

Fresh Paint

what card are you running it on?

Overclocked

I'm running a 5200 w 256 and BF2 runs great (I can't run it higher than Low for most settings, but it works @1024x768 with no glitches or shutters) I've ran into a bit of lag but only when there were 64 peeps in the server and two of use were playing on it over my cable connection (hay we like to see the guy I'm screaming @)

There was an issue with ATI cards and the new drivers...you had to have the ones that were like 2 or 3 point releases old to get it to work right....EA and ATI were working on it though, Check EA or ATI Forums for more details (I didn't pay that much attention to it cause I's running a Nvidia card)

Crazybillybob
    Ok, why did you bother wasting 8kb by typing that second paragraph? And whats the problem? A little lag or what? Cause if you're just complaining about lag, that's just stupid.
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Overclocked

He was trying to help someone with that second paragraph becasue someone is having issues and i belive it was an ati card. Honestly cant we all be nice. Also on a side note i doubt its 8kb

Actually i just checked and it was:
    Size: 301 bytes
    Size on disk: 4.00 KB (4,096 bytes)
    YES IM THAT BORED lol

Quote Originally Posted by MisterChief
    Ok, why did you bother wasting 8kb by typing that second paragraph? And whats the problem? A little lag or what? Cause if you're just complaining about lag, that's just stupid.
    The issues were Tearing, ghosting, severe aliasing, and some cases BF 2 not working at all...
    The gentleman with the problem had described similar issues.

I was answering 2 posts with one (saving more space than what it took you to whine about it!)

Have a nice day!

What's the deal with the lost connection...Issues? They are pissing me off.
    I will be sitting there whippin' some butt...and than BAM!! lost connection Rrrrrrr

ATX Mental Case

I think there is not enough distinction in most peoples minds between lag and simple FPS loss. The way that I see it LAG is when your internet connection goes wierd and people start jumping around from one place to the other without going through the space between. FPS loss is when all of a sudden your screen is only updated 3 times a second.

I ran BF2 on a standard FX5200 on lowest settings but I would get random FPS loss sometimes and predictable FPS loss when I ran into a fire fight, not very cool dude. SO basically It was like

"Die you USMC DOGS!!!!"
    FPS loss to 1 fps
    "15 seconds till respawn"

very annoying. But I now have a 6600gt so that has fixed it mostly although I still get random FPS loss occasionally. But I think that most problems are from a lack of memory (512).
    There is no other choice.

I'm Running a FX5200 and Never have FPS loss. The only time I have issues with FPS loss or LAg is on a slow server this weekend I went from a 64player (running 57 peeps) LEET server to a 32 player Comcast server (running 27 peeps)and had major lag issues on the 32player server, I then found another 64 player server (running 60 peeps) and Life was good!

Now I'll admit My FX5200 has 256Mb onboard and I'm running 1Gb system ram but I'm on a AMD Barton 2500XP+ (ok OCd to 2800)

So I'm not convinced it's all in your VidBoard.

Crazybillybob

ATX Mental Case

ahhhh, you see I only had an fx5200 128. Not that it really makes much differences unless you have texture turned up above minimum. I am convinced that BF2 is Memory intensive more than anything else. Is your FX5200 an Ultra? I happened to run some benchmarks if anyone is interested between the two GPUs which can be found here
    There is no other choice.

new mod is available, called battlefield 2: nights. I suggest you get it, it makes all the levels night time. Planes are a bit unflyable right now, but i hear night vision is on the way.