Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I am entirely new to case modding as wish to make a stargate atlantis city mod

Anodized

Default Re: I am entirely new to case modding as wish to make a stargate atlantis city mod

Time to bring back an old post. Sorry about not replying and let it drag away just was busy for months (World of Warcraft :-( )

Just started using Sketchup to create the case design so if you see anything wrong that need adjusting in the pictures and something I am missing in doing a Sketchup Case Design please let me know.

Also the touchscreen is suppose to be slanted towards the back so you can easily rest your hand on it but havn't figured out how to do this.

http://www.chevronx.com

"Atlantis is leaving this planet!" - Dr. Weir (Stargate Atlantis)

Default Re: I am entirely new to case modding as wish to make a stargate atlantis city mod

Mate, as far as AutoCAD goes, you can ask me any questions - Im a draftsman so I use it every day, all day lol..... So many lines

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Looks good to me. Can't wait to see this one going again. Now you just need to figure out how to get it to come out of the floor by waving your hand over it.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Anodized

Yeh that would be awesome.

What do you guys think about the placement of parts?
    http://www.chevronx.com

"Atlantis is leaving this planet!" - Dr. Weir (Stargate Atlantis)

Carpe Apenodytes halcyonforever's Avatar

yeah I am finding sketchup is pretty good for that, just use the tape measure tool to mark your dimensions then draw the shape to fit.

I've been pretty frustrated with it, because it is just so different than the 3d program I learned on and I can't seem to find the right controls for anything.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Looking good so far. Are you thinking about making a real model yet? You can always use that craft cardboard you find at like Micheal's or Pat Cattans.