Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am entirely new to case modding as wish to make a stargate atlantis city mod

Anodized

Default I am entirely new to case modding as wish to make a stargate atlantis city mod

I am entirely new to case modding as wish to make a stargate atlantis city mod!

I have just watched the Mars City case mod video, and have seen alot of addons. Such as the base etc? How are they made and where could you get addons and paints and that from.

I am in New Zealand. So most of the stuff I expect to order from online.

Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated.

Rankenphile

Default Re: I am entirely new to case modding as wish to make a stargate atlantis city mod

the best advice I can give is plan, plan, plan and ask questions.

The old adage of "measure twice, cut once" is a true one. Do your homework, make sure that you are entirely confident in every step you take long before you get out the dremel, and when in doubt ask someone. We're all glad to help.

Oh, and the most important thing - have fun!

Anodized

Default Re: I am entirely new to case modding as wish to make a stargate atlantis city mod

Thanks, this is honestly the warmest reception I have been given on forums over the year.

I will start the planning and finding out what I need and let you guys know how it is going. Hopefully this works. As I am entirly new to the whole case modding thing.

I quit the Atlantis City idea for now, as it will probably be a bit too much and have decided to go with with an Ancient Control Pedestal.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Welcome to the forums

You can check out my thread on modding supplies in Australia as a lot of these companies have stores in NZ.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ead.php?t=5806

Yeah that Pedestal doesn't look to hard mainly just sheet metal, aluminium angle and blue plexi would do the job. But it is your mod though.

Also where in kiwi land you from?
    Need a sig

Anodized

North Island - Huntly

Thanks for the information. Yes, it seems simple by looking at the image compared to a case mod of Atlantis. Yet being new to the whole thing at the moment it seems a bit complicated.

Austral Alien

Welcome ChevronX!

We'll try not to hold the fact you are a sheep shagger against you. :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Anodized

I will try not to hold the fact that you are convicts against you:p

Austral Alien

touche'!

All I can suggest around here is spend a lot of time reading different work logs.
    It's amazing the things you'll see and how to do them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Anodized

Thanks alot :-)

Anodized

Hey guys; I just had a thought. Does anyone have any ideas about a good airflow scheme for this case design? I dont really want to run into problems. I surpose I should draw up a concept sketch but first I want to hear any of your ideas ars you are the experts here!