38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 44.74%
  • No

21 55.26%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Vista worth It?

Default Re: Is Vista worth It?

lolz what u mean useless on a laptop?? if ya smart enuff u can get it to work right.....i use it... ony my craptastic emachine M5312....
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

That's classified.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIMAERA View Post
    lolz what u mean useless on a laptop?? if ya smart enuff u can get it to work right.....i use it... ony my craptastic emachine M5312....
    Oh, it works and all but....it's better suited for HTPCs

The extender is fine for any PC, but the media center program seems more useful if you have a TV tuner...I don't really use the movie viewing part (Quicktime, WMP instead) and the picture viewer can be annoying at times (Windows Explorer instead....). If it was running on a big flat panel, then I would use it much more often.

Resident Alcoholic

Basicly, the bottom line is:
    If you get an OEM copy, and you do not have any incompatiable hardware, then vista is worth it.
    If however, you want to get a retail version or have hardware that doesn't support it, then don't get it.

I installed vista on my laptop, and now the audio hardware I want to buy for my DJing is all incompatiable!
    I'm going dual-boot vista/xp, just so that I can use my Kaoss pad and padkontrol.
    H

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Ticien View Post
    I say no. Not yet anyway. There are a lot of incompatibility issues still, especially with games. DX10 is a pull, but as of yet no games use it. Plus, all the fancy doodads and whatnot crap they added to it require a beefier system to run. To most here I think a vista ready PC isnt an issue but it tells me that if you need all of these things just to handle the OS, its pulling a lot more from you system resources, and slowing down everything you do. IMHO, it isnt worth the price tag. Personally, I am going to wait it out until they get a few band-aids slapped on it and its a little more efficient. That or I absolutely have to to run a DX10 game, whichever comes first. My 2c
    thats not true there are a few dx10 games already out.. the thing is you wouldnt be able to tell with out looking them up and no vista is not worth it more resorses wasted for a mac look and its idiot proof to the point of you want to throw your computer out the window..

Resident Alcoholic

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    its idiot proof to the point of you want to throw your computer out the window..
    You realise you can turn that off, right?

tinfoil-underwear

Quote Originally Posted by haha49
    its idiot proof to the point of you want to throw your computer out the window..
    Quote Originally Posted by onelegout View Post
    You realise you can turn that off, right?
    He probably threw it out the window already :p
    You're in TBCS?
    You do realize we're following a guy that's the

VP of Regional Sales for
    Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids

I'm just sayin'...

The real question is. .ahead in the game, or behind in time?
    Im going to fight my way through it like a mishetti in the jungle. . hehe.

The first thing your going to want to turn off is UAC so you screen stops blacking out when it ask what you would like to do.

azminisk8r

HOW DO YOU DO THAT PLZ TELL ITS ANNOYING THE HECK OUT OF ME

lol its worth it if you can turn off that stupid warning system, its literally like in the commercial, unless its digitally signed, which nothing but microsoft stuff is

I had a beta copy of vista. At that time there wasnt much to hype over. The damn computer crashed so many times while doing remedial tasks. I found a few good programs that wouldnt even install. It was extremly anoying. I've since uninstalled vista, i keep getting a dual boot screen even though its gone. Its a bit of a chor to fix but is possible.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

ATX Mental Case

I am not getting vista until I have no other choice but to get it to play my games.