• Yes

17 44.74%
  • No

21 55.26%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Vista worth It?

Austral Alien

Default Re: Is Vista worth It?

I'me sure it will be great in a year or two, as soon as the Beta testing is finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Like others have said, when SP1 is released, we'll see then, at the moment, I'd have to say no, not if it works like a retarded monkey trying to drive down the wrong side of a highway on a jet ski. No, I don't have anything against retarded monkeys...

Guardian

Alright thanks guys, I'll buy MCE for now, with the upgrade coupon, so when SP1 is released, just $10 for vista.

I've never tried MCE. How does it compare to Windows XP? Or is it even comparable at all?

Guardian

Its windows xP Media center edition. Its basicley same thing, exept it has alot more features for like viewing photos and watching videos and stuff. I'm buying it becuase it was the latest xp released (2005)

Oh okay, thanks.

That's classified.

I'm using MCE currently. The media center extras are pretty cool, no matter how useless on a laptop. :p As far as how it looks, the MCE theme has a nicer looking start bar and start menu. A little cool thing on MC is the extender that connects to the 360. (not that I have one, yet)

EDIT: Here's a screenshot if you are curious. (Apologies for it's fuzziness...MS word's fault)

Guardian

Yeah, Accually I obtained a free copy of it already. I know a guy, he owns a small business networknig company, He has a deal with microsoft, and from what I understand, he gest as much windows and microsoft programs as he wants for only 13 hundred a year. And owning a company he makes money off em. He gave me a free copy.

I didn't get around to installing it yet. Right now this pc, I'm going to give it an upgrade, put MCE on this pc, make it my media pc, so when my friends come over they can F this up, and my main gaming rig, I'll use the Legit Pro I have from my other gaminng machien when it died, I'll put it on my gaming rig. Perhaps 1 day vista will work properly.

Admins + Mods = This isn't piracy, he has a solid deal with MICROSOFT.

Anodized

Vista is not worth the money they want for it but we will all eventually have to upgrade to it cuz microsoft will make all prevous versions of wiondows redundant,they will slowly make all new games an software & hardware not compatible...so were all stuffed and stop bitchn about itand get over it an move on with your lives....or go linux like i did....lololololol

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Was XP worth it when it first came out? Nah, is it worth it now? Close enough!

The moral of the story? Screw them both and go with OSX.

LoL I'm sure all you mac fans just had a sudden urge to plus rep me.

But your not going to, wanna know why? Because I still think Mac's suck major monkey turds. Microcrap's upgrade-ability and compatibility FTW.

I'll give macs this though, they are damn sexy machines! Plain and simple, but done in such a way thats its... well... sexy. Maybe dell or whoever else will catch onto that someday. Probably not though, they'll probably always be hyped up pieces of robotic power ranger turd molesters.

ah, nothing like insulting everyone all at once. Just makes me all giddy inside.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.