38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 44.74%
  • No

21 55.26%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is Vista worth It?

Default Re: Is Vista worth It?

i aproached vista with a feel of loathing....
    but i must even tho it is a complete resource whore.... i kinda sorta dig it...
    but still... im removing it tomorow.... its makin my games lag out..
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Do you have a second life?

Yeh drivers are on beta version i believe, i have vista and my games lag ( cant play busy servers on CSS ). I still like it because well it looks cool. Look at the side bar LOL if that wasnt there i would format.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    You're never going to 'absolutely have to'. It pretty much comes down to when you decide it's good enough for you.

I approached Vista with an open mind, and I'm fairly impressed with it.

-Dave
    well said, im still running win98,

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Overclocked

I ordered a nmew laptop today, ASUS G1, which comes with Vista Home Premium. I would have wished having the MCE version, but meh, Im stuck with Vista. If I think it's too much slowing the almost-top-of-the-line laptop, then it's either gonna get formated for XP Pro, or going dual-boot with XP Pro and Vista.

ASUS G1 = T7200 2GHz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb 5400RPM HD, GeForce Go 7700 512Mb (heard it aint that much powerful, but still better than the GF5500 I have in my Athlon... lol), WSXGA+ (1680x1050) 15.4"... included with a Logitech MX-518 and a backpack Can't wait to have that baby in my hands!

Quote Originally Posted by CanaBalistic View Post
    Im still wondering when O/S's will come on a non writable HD. I think it would make the OS more stable and secure. Just my opinion.
    My brother works as a web developer, and in their test server farm, they use whats called "firewall on a floppy". It's a bootable BSD build that runs from a floppy drive to turn a PC into a firewall. Write protect the floppy drive, and you've got a firewall that cant be modifed by external sources.

On a RELATED note, I'm now running Vista/XP/Ubuntu triple boot on my laptop, and I'm finding that I run Vista more than the other two. I'm really starting to like it more now, though some odd issues do still arise.. Office 2003 for example.. I've done every fix I can find on this, but still get the EULA pop up everytime I open Outlook.

The nice thing (license wise) with vista (business, and maybe ultimate too.. I'll have to confirm this) is that if you dont like it, you can downgrade to XP pro.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro