Thread: i want a window. :o)

Anodized

Default i want a window. :o)

Here is the case that I currently have.

NZXT

I want a window. This will be my first time doing this,

I want to make a window that is about 3/4 big on the side. I still want my 4 fans but I have ordered clear red LED fans. 7 fans to be exact. I do not know how to do this, but I have though tof just using a dremel and cutting the case myself but I do not want to mess of the case since this will be my first time.

I want a window because everthing in my case is gonna be full of red LED's.

Can anyone give me some tips on what I should do not to mess up my side panel?

Default Re: i want a window. :o)

Read up.

Browse around a bit, and you'll find plenty.

Maybe start at the tips, tricks and tutorials forum?

Welcome ^.^

Get an old scrap case, and cut it up. Then you'll know how the dremel feels, and how to get good smooth cuts. Trust me, this is the voice of experience speaking.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Go to www.frozencpu.com and look under window kits. They sell you a window, and a washer and rubber molding. You lay out the glass (acryllic) where you want it, put the washer right up next to the glass on the case and mark all the way around the case inside the washer. This makes a perfect line of where to cut the case. Then you can cut the case with either a dremel or a jig saw, put in the molding, put the glass inside the molding, lock the edging and you have a professionally mounted window. I have done several and it gets easier with each one.
    This is the pdf manual for how to do it... http://www.frozencpu.com/images/prod...n_guide_v2.pdf

Hope this helps,
    Agnat

That's classified.

Are windows kits truly considered modding? Having a window that's a custom shape and size is much more personal than buying a kit and 'captures' the true essence of modding. There are much more interesting shapes than just squares; circles, triangles, hexagons, logos, symbols...
    Just IMHO...