Thread: Loud Pump

Dude...totally!

Default Loud Pump

My liquid cooling pump is loud. It wasn't, now it is. Theres like 3 parts inside that move if you count the rubber thing. I tested it in the sink at my parents house and it was pretty quiet compared to this. It was ungodly loud for a little bit, then i got it to hush up a bit somehow. now im sitting here, running a nice 40 degrees at over 3.5ghz on my pentium D with this constant humming noise. i can hear it over my music, thats too loud for my taste.

do you guys think its dieing or what? are power heads supposed to be this annoying?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Loud Pump

Hmmm... is your pump vibrating? That would definitely cause some noise if thats the case. You could try getting a piece of rubber and setting your pump on it or something. That might help... might not. Idk.

As to if your pump is dying... can't really say. It could be, it could not be. How long have you had it?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Whats the brand of the pump? Is this from a kit with a proprietary design? Have you mounted rubber grommets or a piece of foam pad between the pump and the case? The case will definetly magnify the sounds of any mechanical device attached to it; fans, hard drives, pumps etc.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

heh, I can almost read the label on his pump.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...32&postcount=2

A pickle jar reservoir? Thats just silly!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Hmm..looks like a Hydor. MagProp shaft type. Yeah looks like a rubber pad would do the trick. Just cut a nice piece from an old mousepad, mount it underneath and bob's your uncle.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 03-25-2007 at 10:35 AM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Dude...totally!

its not vibration, its got nice little rubber feet, though they could use some upgrading. it got quieter after a while, but its still not satisfactory. im thinking i could get some sound proofing foam, make a little room for the pump and add a small fan so it doesnt heat up too much.

i dunno though, this whole water cooling thing is really slowing down my Umbrella Corp. project. I wanna go back to air for the time being, but this 1ghz OC is just so nice. perhaps release the air cooled version and then move onto revision b of the project at a later date?