Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sig Thread

Default Re: The Sig Thread

Looks Great! Thanks for the Complement!

Try Doing this:

1.Create a new document 10 pixels wide and 10 pixels tall (or wider/thinner if you prefer) and choose the color you want your dashes/line/circle whatever you want it to be. Using the Zoom Tool, get a close up of your document and draw whatever in there for a pattern.

2.Next press Ctrl+A to Select All and then choose Edit » Define Pattern, which will define the selected area as a reusable pattern in Photoshop. Choose a name for your pattern, such as "dashed line" and press OK.

3.Now that you've finished making your dashed line pattern, it's time to apply it to whatever design you'd like.

4.Make a new layer.

5.Go to Edit » Fill and choose Pattern from the dropdown — select your saved "dashed line" from the available Custom Patterns and press OK.

Thats how I put the lines in the background of this sig.

Whoop, forgot to tell you ya have to Right Click on the layer and goto blending Options.
    Reduce opacity.

Here you can see it spices it up a little bit.

Sorry, I messed with ur Sig.

Oh wow, thanks Eclecticos! I'm not even sure what to do with all of those brushes lol. Maybe now I do have a reason to start using PS again...

And is that just how you got the scanlines in the background? Looks cool!
    RIP Bucko

the otehr option is to reduce to opasitisy (Spelling) before you apply it, thisway you don't need to mess with blending options.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

If you start with a transparent document first, you wont have to change the opacity or blending options.

I hope you guys dont merge your layers. Thats mistake #1. Not saving a PSD copy is mistake #2.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by CanaBalistic View Post
    If you start with a transparent document first, you wont have to change the opacity or blending options.

I hope you guys dont merge your layers. Thats mistake #1. Not saving a PSD copy is mistake #2.
    Sometimes I merge my layers. In Gimp, you get weird boxes around certain elements if you don't, so that's when I do it.
    RIP Bucko

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    opasitisy (Spelling)
    Opacity.

Sincerely,
    Omega, your friendly dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by CanaBalistic View Post

I merge when I'm done with that layer, and I don't save .PSD's because I don't pick back up old works.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Anyone Want me to make them a Sig?

Ive been doing Graphics since I was 13 I'm 24 now. . so It would probably only take me 15 or 20 mins to make ya'll a Good one.

Just give me a Brief Description and some pictures or renders if you already have an Idea, and I will whip you one up.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Oh wow, thanks Eclecticos! I'm not even sure what to do with all of those brushes lol. Maybe now I do have a reason to start using PS again...

And is that just how you got the scanlines in the background? Looks cool!
    To make scan Lines.

1. Create a new page, make sure you set contents to Transparent. Width 1
    pixel, height 2 pixels.

2. When the new page is opened zoom in too 1600* Now you should see 4 grey checks and 4 white this shows that you have a transparent page.

4. Now take your marquee tool and select the top section and fill with black. Leaving the bottom section transparent. Don't forget to deselect the marquee tool.

5. Go to Edit > Define Pattern and enter a description ie ScanLine

6. Now to use your new pattern. Select bucket fill tool > select the pattern from the fill drop down ( you should now see the new pattern open in a pop up select that) create a new layer > fill the new layer with the pattern. Adjust opacity according to your like.

7. Fin

Hope this helps.

i loved the ones of Canabalistic. Could you post more thanks.