Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news!

Default Good news!

I got an E-mail from my aunt this morning that my cousin is back in the states from his tour of duty in Iraq.

Austral Alien

Default Re: Good news!

So his tour is finished altogether, or is it just a break before heading back?

Glad a relative of yours made it back unlike so many others.

It's a **** war, but that isn't the Troops fault. They just do their job to the best of their abilities.

Of course, the Aussies do it better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgtm View Post
    I got an E-mail from my aunt this morning that my cousin is back in the states from his tour of duty in Iraq.
    Glad to hear he made it out. I'm going back sometime this fall and not sure how long I'm going to be there yet.
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    So his tour is finished altogether, or is it just a break before heading back?

Glad a relative of yours made it back unlike so many others.

It's a **** war, but that isn't the Troops fault. They just do their job to the best of their abilities.

Of course, the Aussies do it better!
    Well, this tour is finished. I'm sure he'll be on the next rotation next year. Aussies are cool man. If I ever get the chance again to visit, I'm NOT passing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacehonkey View Post
    Glad to hear he made it out. I'm going back sometime this fall and not sure how long I'm going to be there yet.
    Be safe bro. Semper Fi.

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

Sgtm,

Tell him congrats and job well done. The politics of this war are way too complicated.

Spacehonky,

I feel ya, we all have deployments looming if this thing continues. I've been already been twice.

Bucko,

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, oi, oi. I got a chance to experience Aus on my way back from my first deployment. There is something in the water over there. The women are pretty amazing.

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

You're up in 29 Palms Commando. I've a little det going up there in May.
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

Overclocked

more people get killed in Milwaukee daily than in Iraq due to the war. senseless violence, senseless killing. glad to hear he has come back safely, and good luck to him in the future.

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

Awesome! I'm glad you got him back. I'm sure your aunt is very happy. Let's hope its over before he has to do another tour.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

That's classified.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    Let's hope its over before he has to do another tour.
    Sadly, until Bush is gone, it'll never be over.
    (but that doesn't mean I want an idiot like Hilary Clinton for president)

(actually, disregard this post. I know nothing of politics.)

Sadly, until Bush is gone, it'll never be over
    Sadly, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I am sure you are one of the people who think think that since Bush didn't sign the Kyoto Treaty, El Nino got worse and caused more hurricanes and that's why New Orleans got flooded.

When you are old enough to vote, (and I hope that you do) you'll probably vote in someone like Hillary and the ruination he/she brings down on our country will of course all be blamed on Bush and everything he set into motion...

Funny how noone blames the guy that gassed or bombed his own people, it's our fault for selling weapons in the past. Noone blames the people that flew planes into bldgs, it's all our fault for not being Muslim.

Yes, this war has had it's problems and our president (who I willingly voted for) has made some mistakes, but you need to wake up and take a look at the world around you. There is evil out there that needs to be stopped and if it isn't, it's gonna be people like you getting their head cut off on the nightly news, but it won't be in Baghdad, it will be on Oak Street.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein