Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: XBOX 360 vs PS3

Default XBOX 360 vs PS3

which do you think is better.
    i personally like the 360 BC of its price and better games so far.
    besides the ps3 may have a better graphics card.
    but the xbox games kill the playstation games by far...
    halo,gears... no contest lol

Case Wizard

Default Re: XBOX 360 vs PS3

The ONLY thing that I like about the PS3 is that I heard their online service will be free.

Other than that, I love the Xbox 360.

The PS3 online stuff is awful. You have to say "yes" a million times and confirm everything twice before anything ever downloads.

I would buy a 360 over a PS3 any day. If I was going to be given one of the two, I would go with the PS3 for blu-ray. I could then buy the 360 (since it is cheaper) and have both formats of HD for movies.

Life is like an analogy...

i have to say that even though i dont own either, i love the 360 so far. in the beginning, i wasnt a huge fan, but now that there are some KILLER games out, i get the distinct feeling im going to buy one this summer.

the three biggest reasons for me liking the 360:

-everything halo even though theres plenty of jerks online
    -gears of war, awesome tactical game
    -crackdown, almost comic-esque graphics, the insane game play of GTA but even better, and beta halo 3 maps!

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

ATX Mental Case

I know Im going to get shot for this but I like the PS3 better. It does have less games, most of which are crap, but IMHO has more potential than the 360. It is hard to really compare the two since PS3 has only been out for a handful of months, but the 360 has over a year under its belt to pump out games. As far as price goes...well...the system is cheaper. but if youre going to compare it to the capability of the PS3 add in the cost of the HD-DVD add on drive and the Wireless internet adapter...theres your 600 bucks. and then you have to pay for xbox live as well. Neither system is perfect, and with the HALO franchise behind it, Xbox draws in a big crowd. But I can see the PS3 blowing it away in the long run. Overall I have to say I prefer that. They both have advantages though. My rule of thumb:

RPG: Playstation

FPS: Xbox(although I do really like Resistance on PS3, but Xbox has way more FPS games which are on par or better)

Party games: Nintendo

I think it is pretty hard to argue with that breakdown, and I am a die hard fan of RPGs over FPS games. Just my 2c
    Last edited by Ticien; 03-14-2007 at 08:09 AM. Reason: but DOOM for PC is the best game ever made... :D

tinfoil-underwear

xBox! 360! ! ! !!!!

w00t w00t

360 man... no contest.
    xBox

Screw Sony and their PS3
    You're in TBCS?
    You do realize we're following a guy that's the

VP of Regional Sales for
    Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids

I'm just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Ticien View Post
    I know Im going to get shot for this but I like the PS3 better.

FPS: Xbox(although I do really like Resistance on PS3, but Xbox has way more FPS games which are on par or better)

I think it is pretty hard to argue with that breakdown, and I am a die hard fan of RPGs over FPS games. Just my 2c
    It's good to have your own opinion, so no way I'm going to shoot you for liking the PS3 better.

In your breakdown, I pretty much agree. Nintendo has some franchise stuff that breaks the "party" mold quite a bit, but for the most part the Nintendo appeal to some is that you do not have to invest 40+ hours into a game to feel you've gotten your money out of it. You can sit and play for a minute.

PS3 has a long way to go to catch up. The Wii is kicking its butt (over 430,000 Wiis shipped in January), which sounds good to a fanboy like me, but at the same time, The PS3 will have its place in the gaming community.

The 360 is a very good machine. There were a lot of complaints about it though during the first few months of its release. I think we should keep that in mind with the PS3 as well.

Anodized

Given only the two of them, I have to go with the 360, hands down. So far the only things I've seen about the PS3 that look even remotely interesting are Assassins Creed and MGS4. Now, Assassins is no longer exclusive and there are rumors that MGS4 might get a port as well. So, where does that leave Sony? The Squenix fanboys will still buy the PS3 for the sole reason of Final Fantasy, but for me personally the last great FF installment was #6. Last of the 2D era. None of the storylines have even come close to FF6. <Tangent over I promise. lol>

Anyway, PS3 online is free and you get exactly what you pay for. Nothing. PS3 online is absolute crap. I'll bite the bullet and pay $50 a year for Live! and get my money's worth out of the system. Works out to about a dollar a week, which I can part with for the superior service.

Plus in terms of software, you've got Gears of War, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Crackdown, Blue Dragon, Viva Pinata (you'll laugh till you play, amazing game), plus a ton of others I could go on and on about. The software lead is a huge thing in the 360s favor at this juncture. Sony needs to put out a lot of really kick-ass games in the near future if they want any hope of catching up anytime soon.

Then again, we are in the early stages, so counting Sony out now would be foolish. However, right now, the 360 is worth the money and the PS3 is not. With the exception of a few people, a Bluray player is unnecessary until the format war has been won.

N2OC10H12

Quote Originally Posted by SSGM4DCOW View Post
    which do you think is better.
    i personally like the 360 BC of its price and better games so far.
    besides the ps3 may have a better graphics card.
    but the xbox games kill the playstation games by far...
    halo,gears... no contest lol
    to that i saw HA! right now 360 is better than ps3 becuase ps3 has no games. once FFXIII and GT5 and Resident Evil 5 (will also come out for 360 so i guess i shouldn't count) come out it will become alot better. the ps3 shouldn't have come out for this christmas. it should come out next so they have time to test and fix all there problems. also i don't like halo... yes i said i DON'T like it. go ahead try and kill me but i turned on invincibility. the reason i don't like it is becuase when xbox first came out i found out those assholes bought out RARE. so innevitably perfect dark was going to come out for xbox, so i hated xbox and still do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticien View Post

this is a really true and good statment. though i would change a couple of things.

RPG, FPS: Playstation

Party games, mario,zelda smash bros etc.: Nintendo

owning only 1/3 systems, Wii, for now i like it the best. once i can start making more money then i will probably pick up a 360 and later a ps3.

so right now i will say 1st = Wii, 2nd = 360, 3rd ps3
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    also i don't like halo... yes i said i DON'T like it. go ahead try and kill me but i turned on invincibility. the reason i don't like it is becuase when xbox first came out i found out those assholes bought out RARE. so innevitably perfect dark was going to come out for xbox, so i hated xbox and still do.
    How about you just not like Halo because it's only a mediocre game? I've played Halo with my friends and at tournaments for LAN parties, but it is far from the "best FPS eva!!" that people like to tout it as. It's a good Shooter and it is fun to play the campaign co-op, but beyond that it's pretty meh... What impressed me most about the series was the matchmaking system in Halo 2. That thing was beyond revolutionary. I wish they'd used that as the model for all competitive online games on the 360.

But yeah, you're not alone on thinking Halo is over-rated.

N2OC10H12