Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DVD-Rom drives running vertically?

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: DVD-Rom drives running vertically?

LOL same problem ive been having...i keep finding the same one

(7th guest was an awesome game)

ATX Mental Case

Thanks Jai, if you found 2 then youve found more than me...not much of an e-bayer and i didnt even think to look there...checking it out. I wonder if the mac drive would work...I originally got the idea from my wii and ps3. The slot loading drives just look so much cleaner and nicer..

I didn't even bother looking at the full sized drives... I just picked up a notebook one for my case... Can't do anything with it though until my new dremel gets here so I can get to work on this thing... But the one I got, I got from newegg for about $50...

ATX Mental Case

Do the thin ones work as well? The Plextor one seemed nice (well for 150 it better), but I havent heard many things about the slim drives, and what I have heard has been things like "cheap" "breaks a lot" "flimsy" and such. Does anyone have experience with them and could give a good synapsis?

well obviously they are more flimsy and weak due to their size
    and it would be necessary to make a custom mount since it is made for laptops
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

ATX Mental Case

Right, I am going to end up making a custom mount anyway due to the orientation I have planned for it. A notebook drive might work...I wil have to review my plans but if i can use it it should save me some money. Thanks all for your input, think I got this one now

Any time.... And just an update, Ticien... I have had no problems with mine sitting vertically...

ATX Mental Case

good deal, I will definitely go through with my plan then, but like it says in my "ideas" post, its on hold now until the summer.

Yea... Mine's currently on hold thanks to the United States Postal Service being nice and slow... My LCD screen supposedly shipped on the 8th of March... Still haven't seen it...

ATX Mental Case

Gotta love snail mail...Move date was pushed up from June to 2 weeks from now, so I might get started on this earlier than I had hoped