Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Monitor MOD

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

Default Re: Monitor MOD

Well I guess I'm going to have to play around in SketchUp for a eye appealing design and then of course compare that to the when the real thing comes in and see exactly how strong the gooseneck is and at what angle I'll have to have the back bone at. Thx for the idea jdbnsn +rep.
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

ATX Mental Case

you could plant a human skull on the base, it would add to the aesthetics and give you an excuse to make the base a bit bigger if its too heavy in the front...although having a skull stare at you while you use your pc might be creepy

Quote Originally Posted by Ticien View Post
    you could plant a human skull on the base, it would add to the aesthetics and give you an excuse to make the base a bit bigger if its too heavy in the front...

I'm not so sure about putting a skull below the the hands and back bone. I was thinking about having a skull peek over the top of the monitor through the acrylic panel straight at you and making his eyes glow with some leds. When I did a quick mockup with pen and paper it just doesn't look right from any other angel expect when you look directly straight at it. Plus I'm trying to stay away from it looking like a full skeleton is holding the monitor up.

So far I'm thinking about just curving the spine like a C and using a wire frame like jdbnsn suggested around the pelvic bone. I might have to place the pelvic bone in a stone base to make it look as if it was dug up and coming out of the ground like a fossil. That would also give it some stability.

Here's a quick mod with the pelvic bone as a base. Tell me what you think compared to the snake base I posted earlier.

Lightbulb Re: Monitor MOD

I've got yet another idea for my mod.

I know some people have mentioned including a skull somewhere in my design but it just didn't fell/look right. It wasn't the fact of using a skull in my design, I'd like to, but it was the placement of it that bothered me until now. It came to me last night when I was trying to fall asleep. What about a hologram on the screen itself? I would like to have a hologram image of a skull on a clear sheet and place in between the acrylic panel and the screen. I wouldn't want it to be a strong bright image but subtle. I would like it so you can see the skull when the screen is dark but subtle enough so when the monitor is in use the hologram disappears or isn't as noticeable. Since this forum is full of a wide variety of highly skilled people of a wide range of ages and professions I thought I might be able to get some help with my latest idea.

This one is good but needs to be bigger.

This next one is a good size maybe just a little bigger but I don't like the glasses.

Can a hologram be printed on a clear sheet?

Would I need to have a light on the hologram itself to make it appear or would normal ambient light be enough?

Diggin the design man. The hologram idea is wicked too. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by sgtm View Post
    Diggin the design man. The hologram idea is wicked too. +rep
    If I can make this mod come out like I have planned then you'll be blown away by what I have intended for the case that will complement this monitor.

Anodized

They have holograms like that for mobile phones. actually when there is a backlight to it. (phone is on) the image is faint but when it is off the image if very visable. If you could take what they have done and adapt it you would have a very fine thing.

I've been searching about the web and can't really find a company that would make a hologram pix of a life size skull with a transparent background. Never thought about the cell phone decals maybe I'll search around for those and try and get in touch with the manufacturer. Now the hunt is on!!!
    Last edited by Spacehonkey; 03-22-2007 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Update:

Quote Originally Posted by FPMachine View Post
    They have holograms like that for mobile phones. actually when there is a backlight to it. (phone is on) the image is faint but when it is off the image if very visable. If you could take what they have done and adapt it you would have a very fine thing.
    I found an example of what FBMachine was talking about.

http://www.holofactory.com/mobile_phone_hologram.gif