Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your favourite brand?

TBCS Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by ack ack
    computer gaming world reviewed three laptops based on the geforce go 6800. one from widow pc came out on top of the benches.

"The Sting." tested was a P4 3.6 EE, 2 gig ram for 2775usd

http://www.computergamingpc.com/gaming_pc_laptops.html
    great link.... interesting PC's..............

ATX Mental Case

You let your brother near your computer with liquid, Aegypticus? When my sister gets home from from varsity over the holidays I make sure that she keeps all her food and drink at least 5 metres away from my computer. Not that it really helps because she is studying journalism and she writes more stories, reviews, articles etc than Enid Blyton, Bill Bryson and Arthur C Clarke put together. Due to this fact she had become the worlds fastest touch typer (not really) but she hits the keys so hard that it sounds like some mad man has picked up a pair of hammers and is hell bent on crushing my keyboard into being a permnent fixture on my desk which means that by the time she leaves I have to buy a new keyboard (just as well that I did not install my new blue LEDs into my keyboard). Anyway, siblings and your computers do not mix.

As for the notebooks. I have to say that the Alienware notebooks do look nice and have the power. But at that price I don't think that they are worth it,it is like fashion, you but the name, not the quality. Not that the Alienware does not have quality, it is just that I think that a good IBM is just as powerful at far less of a cost. I personally do not have a notebook (the price to power ratio just does not add up to a desktops and the power (as in electricty) runs out pretty quickly when doing high spec 3D gaming unless plugged into a socket) so I don't suppose I really have enough experience to give a balanced argument.
    There is no other choice.

TBCS Marketing

all good points Jono........ good to see a fellow UK person

Overclocked

I personally like Toshiba laptops. But I don't game on my laptops.
    Mesh makes the world go around!!!!

Overclocked

I have a iBook G4. Apple is my favorite brand of laptop because I am a Digital Media Design major at COTC. Apple's computers are made for people like me in mind and not for gamers like other brands. I can do all my image editing and movie editing on an Apple. When I'm done working I have Warcraft 3 because it's mutli platform for Windows and OSX. It took me a while to notice that my game would also work on my Apple. Plus they're addicting and are targeted less by viruses and spyware. I think there is a brand for everyone. Apple just fits me best.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisp
    I personally like Toshiba laptops. But I don't game on my laptops.
    My boyfriend is getting the Toshiba Satellite R10 because the screen swivils around and you can write on it. I have never seen a tablet PC before. He told me about it today. He tried to show me one in best buy but they didn't have one yet.
    Last edited by Rachel; 04-09-2005 at 07:56 PM.

Overclocked

Yeah i was loooking at the LG tablets. very smal and light but then you have all the extra compomnets you have to buy on the side and they are bloody expensive.

Look nice though
    Mesh makes the world go around!!!!