Thread: Quick Question

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Quick Question

How much of a performance increase would I see if I replaced my 2.8P4 with THIS dual core? My motherboard most likely won't fit into a new case (go dell) so I was looking for the cheapest motherboard I could find. I found it, but it only supports p4 and dual core, no conroe.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

Default Re: Quick Question

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    How much of a performance increase would I see if I replaced my 2.8P4 with THIS dual core? My motherboard most likely won't fit into a new case (go dell) so I was looking for the cheapest motherboard I could find. I found it, but it only supports p4 and dual core, no conroe.
    well. stock speeds are something to be played with. at one point, this was the KING of overclocking chips, getting over 4ghz out of it.

check out this link and see what it can do. you can clock this puppy up to pentium 4 EE cpu terrritory.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/..._41_ghz_cores/

Ah, overclocking. lol I didn't even think about that...

Well I have a Thermaltake Blue Orb with a future side 120mm intake for both teh gpu and the cpu. How much of an overclock could I get with that?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

That's classified.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    How much of an overclock could I get with that?
    It depends on your motherboard. Post a link to which one you chose and then we'll know.

Well I haven't really decided on a motherboard yet. But I don't want to go over $80USD. Could someone find the best candidate for overclocking this CPU? I don't even know what to look for...

ATX Mental Case

Well, if you really want to push that cpu, your going to have to get a really solid motherboard. I'm not sure you could get one for that price though. Is it possible for you to wait a while untill you get some more money for this upgrade?

It is possible to save up, I just have issues with spending money that I worked for. lol I hate it. oh well, maybe I can get something for my birthday.