Thread: Vista Drivers?

Default Vista Drivers?

I havent heard or seen much about this but. . . I have a new sound card coming in next week. Which is when i plan on upgrading from XP to vista. I was just wondering if there will be any driver compatibilty issues. And if i cannot find drivers for certain things then will XP drivers work? i know this may sound stupid but ive never used vista before. . .well at least not longer than 15 minutes lol.

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Default Re: Vista Drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexonex View Post
    all software must be "vista" compatible. period.

If you attempted to run any program/software that is NOT vista compatible...You Are In trouble....
    Not true really! I have used lots of XP software with no compatitbility problems. Lexonex I have already tried explaining to you that you can change the compatitbility of the program so Vista runs it as XP software knowingly.

-gaz

HI but the question I thought, was he going to have a problem with his new sound card ( x fi ) ?
    and the answer to that is yes! or at least until march 8th. as that is when creative have said they will release new drivers for that series of cards. do not use the drivers that come with the card and you can down load some beta drivers that will work ( kinda ) for now and the hope for many of us is that come the 8th they will release a full set.
    my 3D animatin rig,Thermaltake tai chi case, asus P5Wdh, pD 940 3.2,PSU enermax sli 600W& FSP 300w,4 gig's samsung ddr2 ati x1900xtx and x1900 master,sound blaster elite pro ,x4 250 gig HD from samsung (x2) x16 DvD Win TV 250 PVR capture card, 37"full HD LG lcd. Cooling Koolance PC4 1000 x3 120 mm fans on the external rad,thermaltake volcano 4005 cpu waterblock, koolance water blocks HD's Chipset's,Ram tidewater plus for the GPU's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexonex View Post
    Bottom line, install software/programs/device drivers that are Vista Compatible...
    ITYM Bottom line, don't use Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Think of a way to simulate a real bullet hole, like shooting it.

Resident Alcoholic

Quote Originally Posted by xmastree View Post
    ITYM Bottom line, don't use Vista.
    Stupid advice.
    Vista is actualy impressive when it comes to compatiability considering the time that it's been on the shelves.
    Don't be worried if you can't find sound card drivers on the net, windows will automaticly download vista drivers for 99% of hardware. Even my 7300GO which uses proprietary ASUS drivers worked first time with Vista.
    I've been running Vista home premium since the day it came out, on two laptops and my desktop, and have not run into one compatibility problem.
    Download the vista upgrade advisor; it will tell you what hardware you might have trouble with. You can also find lists of supported hardware devices online pretty easily.
    Unless your sound card is some obscure make, which I doubt it is, you should be fine.

XP is to vista, as gay orgies are to lesbian orgies.

Quote Originally Posted by onelegout View Post
    XP is to vista, as gay orgies are to lesbian orgies.
    THAT is some stupid advice.
    Personally, I had bad experiences with 2 sep Vista installs, and will wait for awhile before attempting to use it again.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Case Wizard

I'm assuming the new sound card that is coming is the X-fi (as seen in your sig). Creative is making something called Alchemy which bypasses the new Vista audio stack.

http://preview.creativelabs.com/alchemy/default.aspx

What about certain programs. Such as AIM. weatherbug. Games,Etc.

Case Wizard

They would just need new drivers if they don't work. Games should work, even if they don't have the "Games for Windows" branding. Though there may be problems, whether the blame should be on Vista or Nvidia drivers, I don't know.