Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolutionary

Default Re: Evolutionary

And the sides are being glued in there. Used some wooden plant sticks to keep the triangles in place.

Tomorrow the glue will be hardened and I will glue in some reinforcements in the inside of the lid to be on the safe side. Then I will have to cut out those half ovals again.

OMG this looks sooooo cool, Time is your friend

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

The lid is almost finished, for as far as I want to go for now that is. The final touch, bondoing, sanding and painting it, will be done at the and of this project. I can only damage the lid while still working on all the other stuff. The oval holes are back in the side again and Im ready to start working on the "fingerguards". The ring for the inside of the airduct and the oval ring have been cut now to the right size.

The upper ring is slightly smaller then the lower one, this is because it will be mounted inside the airduct. The lower oval ring will be as wide as the outside of the airduct.

Both ends of the lower rings will have to be filed under an angle of 45 degrees. Wehn you take a look at the opening of the airducts from the side it looks like a circle.

it is starting to form niceley +rep
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

The acrylic rings are glued together, I only will have to file it a bit.

The lower ring is a bit wider than the upper one, that because the upper ring will be mounted inside the duct and the thickness of the fibre glass will add up to the thickness of the ring.

I glued the first acrylic to the rings, many more will follow.

The "fingerguards" are starting to shape up quite well. It's not really a fingerguard because there is not a fan just behind it. The part needs a lot of filing, but that will be no problem because it turns out to be much stronger than I expected.

Just to get an idea what it will look like when it is in place.

The fibre glass lid will be sprayed black so you won't see much in that vent when the case is finished.

From above. It looks like the acrylic parts are not straight, but don't worry it's perfectly straight.

Will have to add two pieces on the right side and three on the left before the first fingerguard is finished.

Almost there....

I started filing all the pieces as you can see. The outer piece on the right is the best place to look what I mean. I will have to add one small piece of acrylic on the sides and then it needs more filing and sanding before I can use a small torch to make it shiny again. It already took me four days to get this far and I will have to do this work another three times

awesome! great work as always Franklin.

This is coming along great. With all this work just on the top I can't wait to see the rest!
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

The first fingerguard is finished for now. I will clean it up later. I starting to doubt wether I should add that reinforcement. I will create one and if it doesn't look better I will forget it. The construction doesn't need it. I expected the contruction to be much more fragile before I started on the fingerguard.

Now you can see why I made the aluminium construction the way I did, with that strange looking top. That's the place, lefttop and righttop where the vents are now.

I will start on the other three guards later on. Want to do some other things now. I hope the weather will get better so I can start on the fibreglass sides for the case. I'm also searching for all the information I can find about pinstriping and airbrushing.