Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolutionary

Default Re: Evolutionary

That looks great. I'll bet you hand itches mad from all that fibreglass dust.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Quote Originally Posted by chaksq View Post
    That looks great. I'll bet you hand itches mad from all that fibreglass dust.
    No not at all, guess I'm lucky. I tried working with these thin gloves but it doesn't work. When working with the resin and fibreglass mat I wear them, but not when the stuff has hardened.

cooler than the other side of the pillow dfigravity's Avatar

Fiberglass SUCKS...ahhh...makes me all itchy just thinking about it! Great looking mod so far though! Can't wait to see how this pans out!
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

Modding the World, One Case at a Time Boddaker's Avatar

Great job with the fiberglass! I also like how you drew the ellipse. Takes me back to my high school geometry class.

Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients: Salt; Artificial honey roasting agents; Pressed peanut sweepings.

I bought a cheapass electrical sanding machine, because I have to smoothen te surface from the lit. By hand it would take me ages. I'm glad I bought it, because it saves me lots of time.

The top of the case is almost ready, the sides will be done next days. Ofcourse I wear a mask while working on it. I almost look like a snowman after sanding :brrr:

When all the sides have been sanded I will use a special kind of bondo to fill up every little hole and wetsand it afterwards. To be able to cut of the small airducts straight my dad made something for me. Now I can saw it and all the airducts will be the same size.

Worked great. Now I can mark the lit. This has to be cut of for the airducts.

The holes look a bit big, but when the airducts are placed it already looks a bit better.

and that's not all, I will also create some sort of fingergard from acrylic. Looks fantastic, but you will have to wait for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    Looks fantastic, but you will have to wait for that.
    Awww... i don't wanna wait to see how this will turn out. It looks great so far.

I cut some holes in the lit for the airducts with my fake Dremel.

I numbered the holes and the airducts, it's all handwork so there all the ducts are slightly different and fit only perfectly in the hole with the same number.

After three days of bondoing and sanding the lit is almost smooth. I will need to wetsand the lit one more time.

I want to glue the airducts to the lit and want to use some UHU 2 components glue for this job. On the UHU website it says

Metals, glass, porcelain, ceramic, wood, marble, stone, concrete, Duroplast®, glass fibre reinforced synthetics, rigid PVC, rubber, rigid foam plastics such as Styropor®. Not suitable for sticking large areas of glass.

So I think it will work, but to be sure I will try it on some leftovers first

Anodized

Great googa mooga this is coming out amazing!

I only wish I had half that amount of talent. You're doing an *amazing* job!

Can't wait to see more updates!
    Pirates are way cooler than Ninjas. -Jinx.com

Project DEEP PURPLE is well under way. Check back often as the real fun is just about to begin.

^stole the words outta my mouth^

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

damn i like this

+rep mate !

LOUD AND PROUD !