Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolutionary

Default Re: Evolutionary

I bought a 2.1 Philips speakersystem.

The satellites will be integrated in the case and the subwoofer will get the same look as the case. Before I can mount the satelittes I will have to cut of the feet and cover up the steel fronts with something more suitable for my black case.

mark the acrylic before cutting it.

Cut out the circles

They almost fit, still need a bit of sanding.

Because of a thunderstorm I had to quit working on the polyester sidepanels. I was bored and used some tape to put some parts onto the frame.
    It far from finished, but just to give you guys an idea of what it will look like.

Please keep in mind that the case will be painted and that I will add so many details, like windows and decoration.
    I glued in the airducts in the left side panel. Used some heavy materials to press the polyester sheet down.

Used some bondo to fill up the small gap between the airducts and the sidepanel.

The airducts themself also need some bondo and I will have to sand them several times.

I also need another mold, a mold for yet another airduct. It will look like in this sketch.

The fan will be mounted on the right side and I already made the acrylic to hold the fans. These are two AC Ryan 90mm. fans.

The duct will be placed over here (one on the left side and one on the right side of the case)

and the mold is almost finished. Only need to paint, sand, paint, sand and paint it before I can use it.

Oh that is awesome! Those speakers are a great idea and the shapes actually match your power button design. Cool!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Those speakers will look great mounted. I LOVE this mod, looks great.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

First duct is ready. It will be painted black of course.

This is what will be visible in the endresult. The bottom of the case will be covered with some aluminium later on. The black aluminium plate is still covered with a layer of plastic, I only removed a piece around the fan.

Underneath the fan you can see an opening, won't be visible in the finished case. This opening is for the dustfilter that will come underneath the intake. It needs to be removable to clean the filter, that's why I cut that opening, so it can slide underneath the intake and back when it needs to be cleaned.

AC Ryan send me a lot of new materials for this casebuild, but not only the acrylic and aluminium comes in handy, but also the cardboard that protects the materials. I made a model from the duct that will guide the air from the intakes on the sidepanel to the radiator.

And this is what it will look like withe the black aluminium panel, that will divede the front of the case from the two compartments in the back, in place

From the side, without the sidepanel on, it will look like this.

With this cardboard model it's easy to see if you missed something and if the thing will fit in there and it does, so it's time to make the same thing from acrylic.

OMG :O thats amazing! my only concern is: isnt it very big

love the work you are doing with the fiber glass! have to start to learn how to work with that stuff

great work +rep!

edit:
    and love the idea of seperate air flows!... thought of doing it myself but never had a case big enough
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Quote Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
    OMG :O thats amazing! my only concern is: isnt it very big
    and by that do you mean it's actually quite big?

Its a little off topic but where are the orange ac ryan fans sold. I can seem to find them anywhere, and they fit great in a project im working on.

what is the thing you cut the circles with?
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

I think you mean the scroll saw I used to make the circles in the black acrylic for the speakers. It's a cheap electrical scroll saw, bough the thing with the money I had won with my previous casemod in the Dutch championship casemodding. It saves me so much time using this electrical saw instead of the manual scroll saw. Ferm is the brand, cheap stuff, but good enough for normal use.