Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolutionary

Default Re: Evolutionary

Oooh, nice man.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

After all the work on the fingerguard I wanted to work on other things for a while. A little less fragile parts. I had to close the gap from the radiator to the top of the lid. This because the air must be forced to go from the radiator to the vents on the lid. I used a piece of acrylic and cut out a small piece for the aluminium frame.

Here the part is in place. You can see it on the right of the picture. Another piece will be mounted on the left as well.

The piece I cut out to fit around the aluminium tubing.

And a photograph with the radiator in place.

Right now you can still see through the transparant acrylic, but that will have to change.

those guards you made are sweet

keep up the excellent work

Hello, - you asked about airbrushing...

I just started with a Testors MightyMini that I got on the cheap at a second-hand store. So here's the little advice that I'd give, based on my humble experience.

-Don't waste money on a little airbrush compressor. Get a bigger one from a hardware store, as well as a moisture trap. You can also use it for blowing dust off of parts, and out of computers. Some of them come packaged with an air nailer/stapler. (I'm pondering getting a Sears Craftsman compressor myself.)

-I do like the simplicity of the Testors airbrush tips. They come apart with only a couple parts, and clean easily, making color changes a bit faster. - with an internal mix badger you practically have to take apart the brush for cleaning, or use a cleaning station to run the paint out of it.

-dual action sounds cool to me, but they cost more, and probably take more time to master (Paul-any comments?) - the single actions work just as well.

with my cheap single action, external mix brush, i've done these re-paintings of plastic toy guns:
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...gunrepaint.jpg
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...terrepaint.jpg
    I still have yet to figure out how to do flames.

Wow this is looking good. Can't wait to see more.

Aud1073cH +rep, helpful from the first post.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Quote Originally Posted by Aud1073cH View Post
    Hello, - you asked about airbrushing...

I just started with a Testors MightyMini that I got on the cheap at a second-hand store. So here's the little advice that I'd give, based on my humble experience.

-Don't waste money on a little airbrush compressor. Get a bigger one from a hardware store, as well as a moisture trap. You can also use it for blowing dust off of parts, and out of computers. Some of them come packaged with an air nailer/stapler. (I'm pondering getting a Sears Craftsman compressor myself.)

-I do like the simplicity of the Testors airbrush tips. They come apart with only a couple parts, and clean easily, making color changes a bit faster. - with an internal mix badger you practically have to take apart the brush for cleaning, or use a cleaning station to run the paint out of it.

-dual action sounds cool to me, but they cost more, and probably take more time to master (Paul-any comments?) - the single actions work just as well.

with my cheap single action, external mix brush, i've done these re-paintings of plastic toy guns:
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...gunrepaint.jpg
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...terrepaint.jpg
    I still have yet to figure out how to do flames.
    Thanks for the advise. I found a webshop in the Netherlands and they have all the airbrush tools I will need and they are very helpful I'm very serious about wanting to learn to airbrush, so I want to invest money in good materials. The webshop I found is http://www.airbrush-services-almere.nl/

After a long time without any updates, a small update again. I've been very busy with "real life" stuff and had very little time to work on the case. I also had some problems getting the materials I needed, still have b.t.w.
    The car airintakes I wanted to use still are not delivered and I'm not going to wait for those anymore. I will make them myself from fibreglass ofcourse.

I use some MDF to create a mold for the fibreglass. This is a drawing frm the mold. I will glue three layers of MDF together. On the left you can see what material I will have to file of to get the shape I want, on the right side.

When this is done I will saw the mold under an angle like this.

So first saw some MDF.

Drill a hole in the smallest one.

Now I can saw a bigger hole in this layer.

Time to glue these parts together.

With a file I will remove the material to get a rounded shape.

I made a paper mold with the rounded shape. When I hold it against the side of the MDF I can spot the places I have to file more to get the right shape.

and after sanding the mold.

Looking great!

Have you bought an airbrush yet? I have a Paasche VLS and it's superb. Airbrushing is really fun... I ought to go outside and just do some practice stuff. I have a mouse taken apart I was going to airbrush, but I need to get better... Hmmm...
    RIP Bucko

looks awesome! keep it up...

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

This is insane! +rep and subscribe
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08