Thread: My Graphics SUCK. Allegedly.

ATX Mental Case

Default My Graphics SUCK. Allegedly.

Well i'm UPGRADING (yes, upgrading) to a new Nvidia GeForce 5200. This is because my gfx card died so i'm replacing it with this cheap one (got it from a friend for 15 bucks) until i can purchase a better one.

So, what can i expect from it, framerate wise playing BF2 at low?

Default Re: My Graphics SUCK. Allegedly.

I'd say around ~30 to ~40 fps. But that's just a guess, and I haven't the foggiest if it's close.

And was that title supposed to reference X-Play, or do I just watch too much t.v.?
    RIP Bucko

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    I'd say around ~30 to ~40 fps. But that's just a guess, and I haven't the foggiest if it's close.

And was that title supposed to reference X-Play, or do I just watch too much t.v.?
    The title wasn't supposed to reference anything, and i don't have G4 so i've never seen X-Play.

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dem Pyros View Post
    Well i'm UPGRADING (yes, upgrading) to a new Nvidia GeForce 5200. This is because my gfx card died so i'm replacing it with this cheap one (got it from a friend for 15 bucks) until i can purchase a better one.

So, what can i expect from it, framerate wise playing BF2 at low?
    what are the rest of your specs? cause if you've only got 256mb ram and a 486, then you can say goodbye to bf2

sorry. if you have at least a gig of ram, cause bf2 is a ram hungry game. so.. it could be your ram bottlenecking. all i can say is, dont expect much from a card like that. there is a reason its 15 bucks.

ATX Mental Case

2 gigs of ram and a 3.4ghz processor

Quote Originally Posted by Dem Pyros View Post
    2 gigs of ram and a 3.4ghz processor
    The best thing You can do Dem is run some benchmarks on Your existing card and if any of Your mates are using higher-end cards "borrow" them and make comparisons. It will be a little drawn-out and long winded I know mate, but it might just save You some serious bucks in the end.. And don't forget that in a short while the new DX10 cards will be on the shelves. So You might be able to pickup a very good DX9 card for a lot less.. let Us know how it goes Dude..Peace

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

If only it was two SLI cards at that quality and price... and if you had a compatible monitor, that would almost double the ability of the card(s)... well, at the very least, you'll be able to play some of the newer games, not on high graphics, but you'll still be a be to play them...

EDIT: I got my 6800XT for about $150 on Newegg, before shipping. If you have the cash, and an AGP slot on your mobo, it's a good card until the DX10 ones are cheaper and "debugged," you all know how new technology is...

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blue73 View Post
    The best thing You can do Dem is run some benchmarks on Your existing card and if any of Your mates are using higher-end cards "borrow" them and make comparisons. It will be a little drawn-out and long winded I know mate, but it might just save You some serious bucks in the end.. And don't forget that in a short while the new DX10 cards will be on the shelves. So You might be able to pickup a very good DX9 card for a lot less.. let Us know how it goes Dude..Peace
    He won't be able to run any benchmarks on his existing card because it died on him. That is why he bought one from his friend for $15.

Quote Originally Posted by ajutz21 View Post

If only it was two SLI cards at that quality and price... and if you had a compatible monitor, that would almost double the ability of the card(s)... well, at the very least, you'll be able to play some of the newer games, not on high graphics, but you'll still be a be to play them...

EDIT: I got my 6800XT for about $150 on Newegg, before shipping. If you have the cash, and an AGP slot on your mobo, it's a good card until the DX10 ones are cheaper and "debugged," you all know how new technology is...
    What do you mean by "debugged"? I don't have any problems with my 8800GTS so far. Oh, there is a $300 8800GTS with 320MB. I say that is pretty cheap. More DX10 cards are coming soon. I think they will show them off at Cebit.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Silenced_Coyote View Post
    He won't be able to run any benchmarks on his existing card because it died on him. That is why he bought one from his friend for $15.

What do you mean by "debugged"? I don't have any problems with my 8800GTS so far. Oh, there is a $300 8800GTS with 320MB. I say that is pretty cheap. More DX10 cards are coming soon. I think they will show them off at Cebit.
    Isn't the 8600 due out late march? I know that they pushed the R6600 back until May.

This card is just to hold me off until i can afford another one, thanks for your input guys.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Coyote, by "debugged," (I was at a loss for a better word at the moment...) I mean all the problems fixed, etc. But if there aren't any problems with them, I'll wait until they get cheaper...