Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Handheld Computer

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Handheld Computer

I'm quite sure that most of you on here don't have much experience with handhelds, but for those that do, what are your opinions on this one?

It has pretty much all the features I need, although the next model up would be nice, this one is within my budget, and hopefully my parents allow me to get it.

Before you go and start talking about this, that, and the other thing, at the very least I need an organizer/calender/video player, etc. for school... not really for videos though. I need something that beeps, and has other features so that I don't get annoyed by it. I'm probably also going to buy/make a hard case for it too.

Tell me your opinions, experienced or not. Oh, and make sure you looked at both links up top for the one I'm (hopefully) getting.

-Anthony

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Re: Handheld Computer

Just buy a decent mobile phone and you get all the features you want plus a phone would have better battery life.
    Need a sig

Pfft, and a paid subscription. I'll wait until I start driving for that.

EDIT: Sorry if that appeared rude, I'm just stressed and tired. But seriously, surfing the web on a handheld is better than on a phone... phones are, IMO, for calling people, not really anything else... I like the combos, but in a phone? I'll be charging this thing nightly anyway...

ajutz,

Check out this phone.. it's the Treo 750. A friend of mine has it, and it's very much sweet, both as a phone, and since it's running windows mobile, as a hand held pc.

It's pretty cool, but I need just a Handheld... one of my relatives that's close to our family had a phone/PDA combo thing, and it's batteries ran about six hours total... and I'd rather have two separate devices anyway. Say I lose one, it doesn't have everything, and if it's the phone, who cares? I'm gonna get a cheap one anyway... and if I lend the phone to someone, the urge to steal it will be less.

Anodized

i've been using an hp rx3715 for about 2 years now and i love it. its my email/mp3player/internetsurfer/thing to play when in class.
    first off, if you buy this then get an extended "HP" warrenty.
    i have had to send my ppc back 3 times now (not there fault, just me over using it) and every time i deal with them it is a pleasure.
    the one your looking at should be a pretty good product, i would never buy a ppc with a cpu under 400mhz (under that and everything lags).
    ram and storage looks good, and it has expandable memory good good,
    and a nice battery.
    well i guess all i can really add is that you buy a big sd card (2Gb+) and the docking station at the same time as yopu buy this, trust me you will miss them both.
    i am the "starving artist" of the modding world

Ugh, for gods sake dont get that bulky thing . Try this. My mom has one :p. http://www.palm.com/us/products/handhelds/tx/
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Look, this is about the one I posted. That's the one I'm looking at. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE ONE I ORIGINALLY POSTED??? Seriously, it has what I need, and is within the price range...

Anodized

[puke]palm[/puke]
    i am the "starving artist" of the modding world

I hate Palms too, they're like the Mac of handhelds, their good for the non technologically talented, but the Windows based handhelds are awesome... so, what do you think about this handheld? Seriously, nobody has said anything about the one I'm looking at. Really.