Thread: CPU Monitoring

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Default CPU Monitoring

What's the best CPU Monitoring software? I'm curious about my temps, and I liked some of the GUI of the programs, but don't know what they're called.

Also, that computer test or something, where you get a rating of 8000, or around 11000, i dunno. What is that test?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: CPU Monitoring

I don't know about the CPU monitoring software, but I believe your thinking of Futuremark's 3DMark with the scores or whatever it is. In general, I think it's called "Benchmarking".
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

CPU-Z is a good cpu monitoring tool and speedfan is another commonly used one although I have had problems where it reported my temps as higher than they actually were.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

Anodized

I use CPU-Z to find out every little detail about my CPU, and SpeedFan to monitor and control the temps of my CPU, Hdd's, and other components.
    Also, I use SysMetrix to see just how hard my CPU is working.
    All very good programs.

I second the CPU-Z nomination. I use that in addition to my "Dual Core Center" software utility that came with my MSI mobo. (which allows overclocking from within Windows. Oh yeah. )

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

www.download.com

Search for Motherboard Monitor. I use it, and it monitors my different motherboard, CPU, and other sensor temperatures, and also checks fan speeds, voltages, etc.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

you can usally get software from your brand of mobo. i have gigabyte and i just got there software and its sucks. haha its about 4 or 5 degrees off (asuming the bios temp is right...)
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v