Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Really Old TV???

Default Re: Really Old TV???

Just a suggestion.... the tv console looks great as it is I would keep that as original as possible. The fan behind the speaker screen is a good idea also, but you could make it a smaller fan and stealth the DVD tray above it. Lucky you to find that and good luck with your mod.

I LOVE the above idea, I kind of wanted a stealth cd drive where the cloth is (I may replace the cloth if I refinish...

Cooling needs to be addressed to. It wont be good if I make it and cant use it because of overheating!

Wow, now thats a diamond in the rough if i ever saw one looks like its gonna be great

O.K

I've been sick for a while but I have got a lot of work done. I tried Old English but it didn't work. I sanded the sides and top down and applied a layer of finish. The problem is that over the years, the top got worn more than the sides so I will have to apply extra coats on the top. I will get pictures once I get home...

Default Old TV

OK,

I got home and stuck on another layer of finish. It looks real nice. Here are some pics.

The top is a bit bumpy, I might have to use some real high grit sandpaper to fix it, but it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I had to move it inside because it wan't drying at a reasonable speed. It is moist and cold in the garage.

Another good question is do I stick in a touch screen or just a regular screen. I found a good touch screen for $150 on ebay. Not bad...

Austral Alien

Touch screen may be cool for this.

If you put a fan behind the grill, I guess you'll still need a DVD drive somewhere.
    Looking at the pics, maybe you could have it on the side.
    get a slot loading drive and cut out the space between those smaller vents, so it isn't really visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Wow man, that finish looks great. I didnt think you were going to get it that nice. Big ups

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Wow. That finish came out smooooooth. A+ work and +rep too!
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

I just realized something, I don't have enough for a new screen . But, I do have an idea. When I was pondering my situation, I remembered a portable DVD player a bought a long time ago. I pulled it out, and the screen was almost the perfect size! Here are some pics: