Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbon fiber heatspreaders?

Water Cooled

Default Re: Carbon fiber heatspreaders?

if they want a cpu cooler revolution, they will have to take the heat outside of the case. any way you look at it, no heatsink will perform if the air is not moving around it and some heatsinks (especially copper ones) require lot of airflow both through and around to remove the heat. I think Zalman's heatsinl/case design is the future of aircooling since everyone tries to keep it silent these days. if someone would develop flexible heatpipes, maybe with carbon fiber it would be the next step for an ultimate cooling solution for modders, enthusiasts and home users as well.

Wait, you are talking about having to coat the Carbon Fibre to stop it conduction electricity... is it just me, or does copper also conduct electricity and is quite often used as a Ram heatspreader.

http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod1667.htm

Water Cooled

that is a valid point
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Anodized

Wow....

Im a car guy and the new thing with high end cars is carbon fiber. Cars are my inspiration in life and with computers....

I think I feel a new mod coming on....Ill call it "Carbon Fire"...hehe

now to get some money for everything
    Im 427 and I approved this post

Overclocked

I dont believe there will be a cooling revolution ne time soon. Cpu's are supposed ot be the hottest thing and well, theyre doing nothing but getting cooler and cooler. The reason is the transistors keep reducing in size. i could be mistaken on this number but the size used to be .135 nm and it is now .09 nm(on AMD's atleast) pentium i read in article is to realease a 65nm in the not TOO distant future and im sure AMD will be 2.

But anyways if you take a look at reviews on the new cores such as venice on the 939 socket(be sure its .09nm), the reviews at newegg say their cpus are hardly going past 34c with stock fans. Some have been overclocking with stock fans and have only had a few degrees in increase. If we see a revoultion I believe we'll see an overclockers revolution.

The CPU im refering to: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103533
    Thats the cpu i just got havent had a chance to install yet tho.

Ooo and heres a quote that i found quite impressive on the reviews.

"I have it running at 2.6 ghz. Idle at 34C, Full Load (Prime 95) at 44C. My fan is sometimes reported as failing, because the cpu is running so cool, the fan is spinning at 800 rpm. Paired with xp-90 and thermaltake ufo fan, sweet setup."

Im sorry but running 44 degress on a torture test really doesnt show a cooling revolution to me.
    But i must admit carbon fiber loox rather awsome