Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity sighting...

Tha Shizzle Fo Rizzle

Default Celebrity sighting...

I was at work today and ended up meeting Darryl McDaniels (you get a cookie if you guess who he is and no google searches ).

So, I'm sitting at my desk hating life and wanting to choke my co-workers, just trying to get thru another friday. One of the managers from the other side of the office comes in to ask for a sharpie. Standing with him is this guy (Darryl), so trying to be nice (like everyone in the office knows i am ) i offer my sharpie to the guy. Now that i am looking at him im saying to myself, 'damn this guy looks familiar' so i hand him the sharpie and it hits me as he is standing there getting ready to sign a pair of shoes (addias). So i shake his hand, and tell him its great to see him.

anyway he goes back about his business, and all my co-workers are friggin oblivious to who just walked thru their office, and again, i just wanted to choke them all.
    Last edited by cygnus_x_1; 06-10-2005 at 11:30 PM.

The SlackMeister

Default Re: Celebrity sighting...

i googled him and still have no clue who he is

Water Cooled

the is the founder of Run-DMC. im not really into his music but he is a respectful person. good for you cygnus

The SlackMeister

Quote Originally Posted by Frakk
    the is the founder of Run-DMC. im not really into his music but he is a respectful person. good for you cygnus
    ohh, heard something about them on TV.

You work in Time Square and thats who you get excited about seeing? A buddy of mine and I were at a tower records on the island browsing CDs (YEARS ago) anyway he wasnt looking where he was going and bumps into someone, hits the floor, when the guy puts his hand out to help him up he turns his head like a confused puppy and goes. LL? LL Cool J bumped into him, man he's a pretty big man! I honestly didnt know it was him till my friend said LL, There are a few others but what good is me telling stories of bumping into celebrities.

Tha Shizzle Fo Rizzle

nice...

i was floored to see him in my office. i work for a japanese company, and i am one of a handful of non-japanese (the only one on my side of the office) so to see a rap legend just come strolling in the office was a pretty big shock.

im not one to go nuts over celeb sightings, just thought this one was cool, since he was one of the founders of his genre of music.

Anodized

I used to work for a small-time film post production house out of toronto a few years back.. Man, all the minor stars that dropped by...

You know, most of them were pretty lame.

Though I did see Geddy Lee once on my way home from work once. I think he was driving a Volvo.

And this big black dude, Yaphet Koto. He was seriously the coolest guy who dropped by the office.

Yeah....

...Run DMC's dude? I'm totally envious. >_<

Tha Shizzle Fo Rizzle

i would trade you Geddy for DMC any day...i am a HUGE Rush fan...

Anodized

Somehow I thought you would say that.

Administrator

I read somewhere that his name "Geddy Lee" is derived from his real first and middle name "Gary Lee" being mis-pronounced by someone with a heavy french canadian accent. Don't know if this is true or not but it seems logical.