Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New project (first actually)

Default Re: New project (first actually)

Xmastree, hi, actually have the mb I'm going to use already, its a micro atx board, onboard video + sound (5.1, not that that will make any difference in this project)

Regarding the whole audiophile thingy, yeah, don't really care for this application, people will be drunk, music should be loud with strong bass, thats about it

Hi guys, still looking for input on this, unless you have all run out of ideas (and yes that was a gauntlet)

I wonder if this would work in there?

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Think of a way to simulate a real bullet hole, like shooting it.

That looks like the one on the mock-up....

Is it just me or does the trackball with the 2 big buttons look like an old arcade machine?

Cool concept, and fair play for sticking to your guns!

Who needs something reliable and practical and dull?

We can have something tempremental (sp?), fragile, impractical and very very cool!

Good luck dude!

Nothing wrong with old arcade machines (missile command anyone?). They were built to take a beating without breaking. This unit sounds like it may have a hard life too, so I'd build it tough.

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Think of a way to simulate a real bullet hole, like shooting it.

Actually guys the trackball is off an xarcade 3d model...so you're sorta right...

Regarding the whole tough thing...hell yeah, this thing is going to wish it was never born...sand...dust...heat...knocks in the back of my car...and probably drunken people poking at it...

So yeah tough is how it will have to be built...now where did I put that arc welder...

P.S. in all seriousness, friend is the workshop manager for a company that builds custom electric cars here (like golf buggies), if they don't have the tool it probably doesn't exist...hmm...serious power tools

(They do actually have an arc welder, but I'm a little scared to use that.. )

Anodized

hey man i really like the idea behind your mod. i have actually been wanting to do something like this for a long ass time but i dont have the money =/
    there is a forum that i have been a part of for many years that has to do specifically with cars and computers (sorta the same idea you have) and i am 100% positive that if you lurk around there you will find any and all answers to any problems you might have (e.g. hooking your computer into a car amp, power, touchscreen)

i am not trying to advertise for there site but i do think it would be a help too you

mp3car

to mods: i am sorry if this is in breach of the rules set up here, if posting this link is a problem then please delete this post and pm me.

Okay took FoxTrot9000's advice and threw this up on the other forum, they came up with some good suggestions, a couple of them have been implemented here:

P.S. Get the feeling this is becoming a bigger project than I first imagined...

That's classified.

If it's foldable like that, where will you route the wires to the speakers? If they are external wires, they will eventually break from the bending.