Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: CS:S - CounterStrike:Server

Default Re: CS:S - CounterStrike:Server

Update.

Well, this isn't much of an update, but it's sorta a funny one.

I was sitting on my computer and my mom comes running in and tells me to not use the water, we might have a burst pipe. I went to the basement to look, and there was water everywhere. Or, at least, everywhere where my old computer stuff is. Great. All over the PSU I was going to use. All over an old CPU and heatsink. All over some cases. Thankfully it missed the parts, but now I will be buying a new PSU to go with the build.

And I also decided I'm going to put Gentoo on this. Since I can install only what I want on it, I won't have things like GIMP and OpenOffice.org taking up space and not being used.

On a happier note, school was canceled for us today, so I can get more done on this, and hopefully hit up some of the stores I was taking about. More later.
    RIP Bucko

why do that??? just let it dry out..... give it like a week and it should be worthy of use again...
    lolz my bud sent a few motherboards thro the dishwasher to clean em..... as have i..... st00pid dust..... and we let em dry..... worked fine....
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Update.

I just got home with 2 50 cal. ammo cases, and some paint. I'm going to do some measuring, look at the plexi I have, and start some plans for mobo tray, HDD cage, etc. I have the PSU in how I would like it, and I have to say, the hardware should fit pretty nicely inside these.

I have some pictures taken, but Photobucket is being really slow right now and I can't upload pics. I'll try again later or after work, so check back soon.
    RIP Bucko

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Tell me how it goes all the 50cal ammo containers I good get my hands on where to small.
    Need a sig

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    Tell me how it goes all the 50cal ammo containers I good get my hands on where to small.
    It shouldn't be much of a problem for me. Like I said, I'm using a Mini-Itx board, no CD drive (except for Gentoo install), and everything else I need is pretty much on the board. Video, ethernet, sound, all that I have covered. I just need a PSU and hard drive in there, and I have both sitting in one of them right now. The mobo is about 6.5" I think, and I've got a good 7.5-8", so it'll be tight, but doable. Photobucket is still being a d-bag, so I guess I'll just try tomorrow.
    RIP Bucko

Alright, Photobucket is letting me upload, so here are those pics. of the cases I bought.

This is just one of the cases sitting by itself (doh!).

This is both cases sitting together showing how the computer will look when it is closed.

This is both cases opened. This is how it will look opened, and how the PSU will be mounted. The inside walls of both cases will be cut out, plexi will be used to cover the gaps in the cases, and the hard drive cage will be mounted next to the PSU. I found a 14" screen on TigerDirect that I think will just fit on the inside-top of the cases.

Now, all I need to do is get the rest of the money I need and order the parts. More later.
    RIP Bucko

Update.

So, I did some more work today. Here are some pics.

I took the tops off of the cases.

Masked off areas to be cut.

Second cut down the side (it actually isn't as bad as it looks, I'm just a bad picture taker :p). I cut the bottom edge first to get the hang of the cutting, and then I cut the front edge. The backside still needs to be cut, but I lost interest shortly after starting because it's too cold outside to cut accurately for very long.

And, I bought a heat gun.

Well, I'll update more tomorrow. As for now, good bye.
    RIP Bucko

Anodized

your idea is awesome. sounds like this thing will be a big hit at the lan parties

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot9000 View Post
    your idea is awesome. sounds like this thing will be a big hit at the lan parties
    Thanks man, and welcome to the forums! This is the best modding community you will find, and I hope you have a good stay here.

Well, I said that I would update tomorrow, but it turns out I that I wanted to finish the first box, so here is another update.

Update.

I finished the last side to cut, and have some pictures of one of the stencils I made for the side. On to the pics.

Here is the first box completely cut .

Here it is with the top back in place.

Stencil + placement on box.

Well, that's all for now. Peace.
    RIP Bucko