Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speakers and my computer.

Default Re: Speakers and my computer.

Mounting the computer directly on the subwoofer assembly, again, poses the vibration problem. A solution might be to get some sound dampeners, or even some rubber grommets, to mount your hard drives and cd-roms on. This way, they act as insulators from the vibrations and allow your computer to function properly.

A way to test whether or not you are sufficiently insulating from vibrations is to take out your CDROM, and firmly place it on top of the subwoofer. Pop in a music CD, and crank the music. If your sound is skipping, you need more insulation.

I have a 400w system, and my computer was almost 4 feet away from my subwoofer, and I was still able to vibrate the whole thing causing skips. This is the magnitude you have to counter in order to safely operate your system.

Of course, you can always risk it, and build it anyways without sufficient protection. Though, if you happen to be reading/writing something on the HD, and playing loud music, you run the risk of physical sector damage, meaning parts of your HD disc are permanently unusable, causing corruption.

Yeh, when the pin jumps and scratches the HDD, its not cool. It pretty much writes off the whole HDD

Well as of know my design has the desk being built over and around the speakers with no direct physical contact. How ever my designs are all still in my head and can change. If it does end up sitting ontop of the speaker I would probably get some of those rubber feet things.

Another idea I was kicking around would be to have the whole case sitting on little springs or maybe just all the inards. How sweet would that be if it worked. Anyway thanks for all the advice.

P.S. The name has no meaning what-so-ever. I made it up one day while I was trying to baffle a friend of mine and I liked the way it sounded. Thus it has become my name on all the boards that support 24 character names.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Nergotremelopoligulatrew

P.S. The name has no meaning what-so-ever. I made it up one day while I was trying to baffle a friend of mine and I liked the way it sounded. Thus it has become my name on all the boards that support 24 character names.
    How the heck do you pronounce that?
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

I dont think you do

Water Cooled

you pronounce it pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb :p :p :p
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown