Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't figure out the problem

Fresh Paint

Default Can't figure out the problem

Hey guys, I'm really new here. I just got back into the PC world and I'm kinda lost. I pieced together a somewhat inexspensive system for right now. I have an ECS 741GX-m mobo, a 2300 Sempron, 256 ram, a 10gb HD, an 80gb HD, Rosewill Radeon 9200SE, CD-rom, and a BenQ DVD burner. I have had so many problems with this setup. First off, getting XP installed on this was a pain. It kept running into Errors. At first I thought it was the CD being all scratched up, but after I got it cleaned I still had install problems. I even tried another CD. It got through most of the install, but then It said that a component wasn't installed that's needed for setup. I can run the PC right now, but I keep getting blue screened for reason's I can't understand. It will give me the "irq not less than" message, or sometimes the video card will mess up. I'm at my wits end. Some guys tell me it's my hard drive, other people tell me it's the install CD. I kind of ruled that one out since a new CD did the same things the old CD was doing. Also, when I turn the system on, it will read my devices and then restart. It does this for about 5 min. It will even restart as it's starting XP. Someone please, through me a life line here. I am so frustrated. Also, if this thread is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it to where it belongs. I didn't know where to put it.
    Last edited by Faeker; 06-07-2005 at 11:29 PM. Reason: location

Overclocked

Default Re: Can't figure out the problem

Hmmm... Did you make sure that all your components were hooked up right?

Fresh Paint

yeah, I went over them a lot. the only shady issue was that the video card didn't have the xp signature.

Water Cooled

ure problem could be from many things. i think its the hard drive too, try installing it on a new one if you can. other causes can be: overheating, damaged motherboard, wrong type of memory, or even an unstable powersupply. its hard to tell, you would have to experiment, trying new parts at a time. i know its really annoying but the only way also if you get a blue screen with some numbers regarding to the type of error (0x0000 and some number) write it down, search for it in google and you should at least figure out what part(s) can be the problem

Fresh Paint

........I should have done that before. I'll be sure to use google. I don't think heat's the issue....it's actually kind of cold in my case. Memory's correct too. I guess I'll try the HD.

Overclocked

If anything only try using one HD you can always get a slave later.

Fresh Paint

tried that too. similar problems from both HD's

Overclocked

Maybe you should try another motherboard. Any conections being bridged? And make sure your PSU is on the right setting thing on the back... you know the strange switch thing that makes your computer act wierd if it's switched wrong....

Fresh Paint

i'll have to check the back of the psu, but I think it's on the proper number. i'm tired right now. thanx for the suggestions peeps....keep them coming. I have a feeling this might be a bit.

Tha Shizzle Fo Rizzle

try replacing your ide cables, and reseating your memory. start with the small stuff, and work from there.